WARNING - Vortex Servers

Banane

Hey there,

about 1 month ago I ordered a MTA server at Vortex Servers. (Location UK)

First everything was running fine, but then server kept crashing like every two days.

If you create a ticket, they tell you there is a network attack going on and they can't do anything about it.

They offered me to move my server to another location in the USA, but thats too far away from my place.

Even though its not really expensive, it became really annoying.

I suggest you to search for a better hoster instead of choosing Vortex Servers.

You don't want to see your server offline for several hours over and over again.

Banane

You can't blame the company for being attacked, plus you only mention it being once.

I don't blame them for being attacked, and its happening all the time.

But I pay them to provide me a working server. If they are not able to manage that, why am I paying them?

I just want other people to know about this BEFORE they get into such a situation.

Oh really? Then why did I get this email?

Dear Brandon,

We are working with our datacenter in the United Kingdom to remove the targeted clients from our network completely as well as adding more infrastructure to help battle these attacks. If you would like a transfer to another location then please feel free to submit a ticket and we will glad get things rolling for you.

As always, if you have any questions/comments/concerns please feel free to contact us via the ticket system!

Regards,

The Vortex Servers Team

Ok, I have 8 servers from Vortex Servers, I didn't have a single problem.

You should not judge VXS by one server gone down or had problems, As other members said,

I don't blame them for being attacked, and its happening all the time.

Regards.

As I said before, I do not blame them for being attack.

But, If there is anyone out there looking for a hoster, especially for Europeans, DO NOT choose Vortex Servers and their UK location.

That's all.

There are certainly better hosters. :wink:

I understand everybody has there own opinion but I have a dev server with Vortex Servers hosted in LA and I have no problems and I find they have great customer service.

And as for the email they send you, your lucky they are offering you to move to another location. Some server hosters just tell you to wait for them to fix the problem. At least they are letting you get back to your server straight away, just in a different location.

Anyway, I find Vortex Servers to be great.

• 2 weeks later...

(late post)

Welcome to the holidays, kids don't have something to do, they gonna start to DDoS.

It's pretty annoying even my server it down from those DDoS'ers. And many other servers. I hope that those DDoS kids will get caught once, since everey single retard with friends and a pc can make a DoS or a DDoS.

Also, don't blame the company it's just like I have a glass full of water, while it slips out off my hand on the ground, then it isn't my fault since it's slipped out off my hand.

DDoS attacks are a moderately large annoyance when it comes to Gameservers. European datacenters also don't tend to have the same types of mitigation techniques or network sizes to deal with alot of the attacks as other locations. That along with limited IP allocations can make it difficult to narrow down the client who's being attacked as so many clients end up being on a few IP's. That is probably why they wanted to move you to the US. The flexibility of what you can do and datacenter policies make it easier to provide a higher quality of service. Just my 2 cents.