Custom Blips HELP

Ok, so I just found this great resource: https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p= ... ils&id=960 but it seems, either I am a dumbass (which is very well possible), or you have to be an expert at this.... All im looking to do is create a blip at (1911, -1776) .... idk how to even start... do you put the code in the custom blips .xml file? or do you make your own resource? I tried putting it in the .xml that came with the script but it didnt work and yes the icon.png was in the folder with it... here is what i used from the documentation page...

addEventHandler ( "onClientResourceStart",    getResourceRootElement(getThisResource()), 
    function() 
        exports.customblips:createCustomBlip ( 1911, -1776, 45, 45, "icon.png") 
    end 
) 

any help would be great!

so, this?

<meta> 
set type="client" 
addEventHandler ( "onClientResourceStart",    getResourceRootElement(getThisResource()), 
    function() 
    end 
</meta> 

i still get the "Resource could not be found error" is there still a fundamental underlying thing that I am forgetting? the only things i have in the resource i created it the icon and the xml... and i am starting the customblips resource before my own, so that cant be it... :|

No, you got me wrong, read this manual:

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Resources

Ok I read it, but I am still at a loss.... :/ I am clueless man.. I have 1 yr java and 3 mos javascript which this resembles but I still have no Idea what Im doing.... you guys just seem to know it or something haha... Im still at a loss on how to set it as client, even though I read that section about it, it didnt give any examples... sorry for the trouble...

ok, that helped a little... i now have this:

<meta> 
<script src="client.lua" type="client" /> 
    function() 
    end 
</meta> 

where do I go from here? What do i need to put in my lua file?

client.lua file

addEventHandler("onClientResourceStart", getResourceRootElement(getThisResource()), 
function() 
end) 

meta.xml

<meta> 
    <script src="client.lua" type="client" /> 
    <file src="icon.png"/> 
</meta> 

that should work