Error!

Chippy

Question

Hello, I am having one constant problem with playing MTA. I have downloaded GTA:SA correctly according to my friend, extracting the files and such to the correct place. Everytime I click on the icon to play, an error comes up that says the following: "The instruction at 0x779822b2 referenced memory at 0x00000024. The memory could not be written." I am not familiar with MTA or GTA: SA at all. Please help! Also, if anyone have a video on how to download GTA and MTA, I would really appreciate taking a look at it. I also have xbox live, where you may add me to help me get through step by step on the download. My gamertag is: Im Beatboxing. Thank you.

7 answers to this question

Does GTA work for you? If not, please try to update the directory settings and set all privileges to your Windows account by right-clicking on the directory, opening the Properties-window, unticking read-only in the parameters and changing the security account privileges to everything on every account.

If it does, please do the above thing to MTA as well. If that doesn't work out, re-install MTA to a new directory.

Hello, I did not have to change the permissions in GTA because they were set as you told me to. However, it still does not work for me. Also, I went to change MTA's permissions, and after doing so, some still said "special" instead of full control. I am still getting the same error when I click on MTA: "The instruction at 0x779822b2 referenced memory at 0x00000024. The memory could not be written."

Hello, I am having one constant problem with playing MTA. I have downloaded GTA:SA correctly according to my friend, extracting the files and such to the correct place. Everytime I click on the icon to play, an error comes up that says the following: "The instruction at 0x779822b2 referenced memory at 0x00000024. The memory could not be written." I am not familiar with MTA or GTA: SA at all. Please help! Also, if anyone have a video on how to download GTA and MTA, I would really appreciate taking a look at it. I also have xbox live, where you may add me to help me get through step by step on the download. My gamertag is: Im Beatboxing. Thank you.

No one will give you a video of "how to download GTA:SA" since that's illegal. Either figure out how to do it by yourself or just buy the game.

As for MTA, it's really easy. Download the setup from the main page and follow the instructions.

I have downloaded GTA:SA correctly according to my friend, extracting the files and such to the correct place. Everytime I click on the icon to play, an error comes up that says the following: "The instruction at 0x779822b2 referenced memory at 0x00000024. The memory could not be written."

So, this happens with GTASA?

That's what happen when you get games from the internet :) I ain't going to help you fixing errors of pirated games and I doubt someone will.