MTA:SA Copyright system suggestion

Otto

No, paying for MTA is not only completely idiotic but I prefer to have 50 players in one sever than 2-3 who pay. If MTA was to have any control over servers I suggest (as I have said many times before) allowing only reputable players run servers. That way if someone steals your scripts who cares they can't make a copycat server. I have known a few great players who have quit MTA all together because every other person who makes friends with you gets their hands on your hard work then release their own server with your scripts and their name on it.

An application process would be perfect. But well known thriving servers won't have to fill it out. If it were to be such a process I will personally help review every last application.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a great idea.

Define a special group of users (trustable users, like Castillo or John_Michael) to check all servers (ofc they must have time for it).

Those servers that use clan special tags, or use stolen scripts, or just are copycats from others servers, will be reported by the group. MTA Team will do something to ban them, or give a warning to the owner of the server (the owner could be intelligent enough to do something for saving his server).

Because if everyone can report the servers, there will always be a f*cker that will spam the report system.

Also every server should NEED a valid e-mail, so MTA Team or anyone that has autority can contact the admin for any important reason.

I've got a great idea.

Define a special group of users (trustable users, like Castillo or John_Michael) to check all servers (ofc they must have time for it).

Those servers that use clan special tags, or use stolen scripts, or just are copycats from others servers, will be reported by the group. MTA Team will do something to ban them, or give a warning to the owner of the server (the owner could be intelligent enough to do something for saving his server).

Because if everyone can report the servers, there will always be a f*cker that will spam the report system.

Also every server should NEED a valid e-mail, so MTA Team or anyone that has autority can contact the admin for any important reason.

Nice one.

I've got a great idea.

Or: Report can be sent if the user has an open-source account.

No, paying for MTA is not only completely idiotic but I prefer to have 50 players in one sever than 2-3 who pay. If MTA was to have any control over servers I suggest (as I have said many times before) allowing only reputable players run servers. That way if someone steals your scripts who cares they can't make a copycat server. I have known a few great players who have quit MTA all together because every other person who makes friends with you gets their hands on your hard work then release their own server with your scripts and their name on it.

An application process would be perfect. But well known thriving servers won't have to fill it out. If it were to be such a process I will personally help review every last application.

OMG GOD, I DIDN'T POST ABOUT PAYING, MY GOD, I DON'T WANT TO BE RUDE GUYS!

OMG GOD, I DIDN'T POST ABOUT PAYING, MY GOD, I DON'T WANT TO BE RUDE GUYS!

Why can't you just ignore him?

Comment about my idea:

Comment about my idea:

Ok, I like it, but just 1 thing. Not trustable users, just MTA authorised people.

I've got a great idea.

MTA staff should handle it, not some trustable users.

Anyway, I love the idea a lot as I really got sick of people ripping off scripts from other servers and saying that it's all made by them.

(trustable users, like Castillo or John_Michael)

While I'm flattered by this, I don't think that is the best idea. There is the matter of corruption and accusations when you have a team of people doing something like that.

How about we just have a public application process? All server owners must publicly apply to have their server 'certified' - meaning their name (including clan tags) are reserved in the server browser. If there are no valid complaints, then grant the owner a 6 - 12 month certificate, which would expire and have to be renewed.

Also have a reports system where users can report servers for improper conduct (both other servers trying to copy others, and maybe 'certified' servers doing bad things).

(trustable users, like Castillo or John_Michael)

While I'm flattered by this, I don't think that is the best idea. There is the matter of corruption and accusations when you have a team of people doing something like that.

How about we just have a public application process? All server owners must publicly apply to have their server 'certified' - meaning their name (including clan tags) are reserved in the server browser. If there are no valid complaints, then grant the owner a 6 - 12 month certificate, which would expire and have to be renewed.

Also have a reports system where users can report servers for improper conduct (both other servers trying to copy others, and maybe 'certified' servers doing bad things).

The first part is true, it's a big responsablity. Then, I don't agree with the reports system opinion. It doest imprope any conduct, noobs will almost continue coping clan names. I know latin people, and most of them are younger that 13 years old. Thats something I hate, they arent mature, but MTA won't add an ages control while buying a server, because they will loss users. Btw, lets wait to blacklist, thenn we see.

@Michael, about the corruption part: What do you prefer? That anyone (even 9 years old kiddies) can report bad servers, and can spam the system? Or that just a little group of TRUSTABLE, GOOD users can report?

@Deixell, that's easy to say. The thing is MTA Team was, is and will be too much busy developing Multi Theft Auto to even care about the 1000 (and more) MTA servers.

People 'spamming' then system will be obvious - processing of reports will be done by hand, not automatically. If someone has no good argument on why the server should not be certified, they will be ignored.

That's why I suggested this, because with legal terms, they can't spam, and if they do it, they are doing something ilegal, that's why. Hope you get me.

Rather than a 'blacklist', just use a certification system that reserves a name / tag to one server. If any other servers try to post to the master server, block them.

Also, the reports system would be just like the community resource report section - anyone can argue/appeal publicly, and people that abuse it will be blocked from it.

This does not have to be so complex.