FPS on MTA 1.1

Mr.Firas

Question

Hello everybody,

I started having this problem even before MTA 1.1, but totally on a different level, I had my fps drops between 39 - 45 or something when the server contains a big number of players or so, in MTA 1.0.5, while my VGA card is Nvidia Geforce GT 220 Turbo cache up to 1 GB, and I have a 4 GB RAM, my Windows XP uses 3.25 GB out of the 4 GB as a maximum amount, well I have 2 RAMs each is 2 GB, as a total they make 4 GB and I made sure they are compatible together. Computer: Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00 GHz 2.00 GHz, 3.25 GB of RAM.

Well yeah, I used to suffer from my old 30's - 40's fps on 1.0.5, but now I am totally not able to normally play MTA 1.1 with my 18 - 24 fps which could drop easily to 5 - 10 fps when too much cars / a lot of players are around me... This problem isn't a simple one to be honest, it causes all people to be ahead of me in races in all types, makes me not able even to make a full normal jump in DMs, and lose according to that, it happened that this fps problem totally killed my fun in playing, so I am wondering if there was anyway to get this fun back by playing normally again, or not?

And thanks a lot for your time,

Firas.

5 answers to this question

on what graphics are you playing?

anyway seems that processsor is your bottleneck(aka weak place)

but still it shouldnt lag like that

i have amd turion p540, that is 2cores, 2.4ghz, and i can get very stable 60fps(at exesive ammount of players and cars can drop to 40, sometimes it even goes to 100fps, and thats on max graphics, including volumetric shadows and aa x3

Well, it seems like the problem is my CPU L(s) cache, since mine is L2 cache 1 MB, while others with good fps have less VGA and RAM than mine but L3 cache 4 MB or 8 MB, my brother even has L2 cache "2" MB and his fps is way more stable than mine.. MTA 1.1's latest update made my fps average around 40's without crowded cars on my screen, it could drop to 32 or so, still bad of course... But yeah, as I mentioned seems like the CPU is the problem.

Thanks for your reply though)

Well, it seems like the problem is my CPU L(s) cache, since mine is L2 cache 1 MB, while others with good fps have less VGA and RAM than mine but L3 cache 4 MB or 8 MB, my brother even has L2 cache "2" MB and his fps is way more stable than mine.. MTA 1.1's latest update made my fps average around 40's without crowded cars on my screen, it could drop to 32 or so, still bad of course... But yeah, as I mentioned seems like the CPU is the problem.

Thanks for your reply though)

i have 2mb l2 chache for 2cores(thats 2x1mb), but with pretty good latency, and it handles the game good enough.

i cant say fps is stable, but definetly much higher, probably even twice(70-100fps) on empty maps.

and doesnt drop much below 45 even on pretty busy maps.