showAim function - aiming (crosshair)

dukenukem

Hi everybody. I have got suggestion to make showAim function, this is great idea i think, then we can make full cool first person shooting, i have got first person camera but i haven't got function to make showAim when you turn on first person and then we can aiming in first person mode. Now i can only run and i cant aim.

Greetz, dukenukem.

I think I wrote clearly enough: it's not directly possible, but with a little improvement of MTA that could be done. However, you can make the script imitate shooting, for example, make the player perform shooting animation and create DX 3D lines which represent shots. Another way would be creating a ped, setting its control states to those of the player and putting player camera in the position where the head is. setPedAimTarget could be used on that ped and crosshair could be drawn with drawing functions.

Script it. This isn't something that really depends on the core of MTA, so just script it.

And I don't get exactly what you want. Do you want ADS ( Aim Down the Sights )? Or do you want to trigger the crosshair?

If you want the ADS, just place the cam correctly and use the correct animations. Shouldn't be too hard.

If you want the crosshair, use setControlState.