Cannot start the client

Darion

Question

14 answers to this question

Try downloading the latest DirectX Runtime files from Microsoft. Also check in Task Manager, if gta_sa.exe process isn't already running.

If you run at any substandard resolutions (e.g. 960x720), try to change your resolution to a commonly supported one (e.g. 640×480, 800×600, 1024×768, 1152×864, 1280×1024) by launching Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas in normal mode, setting the new resolution and exiting.

If you are a user of Windows Vista or Windows 7, try the following:

• Enable Windows XP SP3 compatiblity mode for both Multi Theft Auto.exe and gta_sa.exe, setting their privilege level to "Run this program as an administrator".
  • Configure Data Execution Prevention: Use the setting Turn DEP for all programs and services except those I select. Click add and find "Multi Theft Auto.exe" and "gta_sa.exe" and add them.
  • Run MTASA as administrator.

Source(s): https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Kno ... ash_screen

Sorry for reviving this post and double posting, i just wanted to post how do i fixed it because you guys werent able to fix it...i was checking the folder and then i found a .tct called cegui where was wrote 08/07/2010 16:48:59 (Error) Exception: DefaultResourceProvider::load - C:\WINDOWS\fonts\verdana.ttf does not exist

... it wasnt working because i was mising verdana.... anyway thanks for help

Sorry for reviving this post and double posting, i just wanted to post how do i fixed it because you guys werent able to fix it...i was checking the folder and then i found a .tct called cegui where was wrote 08/07/2010 16:48:59 (Error) Exception: DefaultResourceProvider::load - C:\WINDOWS\fonts\verdana.ttf does not exist

... it wasnt working because i was mising verdana.... anyway thanks for help

How the hell were you missing Verdana? It comes pre-installed with Windows.

Thanks for sharing your solution.