Newbie LAN player

SamHII

Hello again,

Me and a friend of mine would like to play 1 on 1 LAN with a new map. We have played several times in the past on the standard GTA SA map but have found it's too big. I tried the map building function and changed the spawn spots but I have the feeling there's a lot more to it than just a map. My questions are:

1. What is the minimum amount of scripting needed to add an arena, several vehicles, a few buildings and some pickups?

2. I will make the map and he hosts it, which files do I need to give to him?

Thanks 8)

I would not create a new gamemode for the maps only, there is a lot of gamemodes available already that may fit your needs:

Deathmatch

Team Deathmatch

Capture the Vehicle

Capture the Flag

Capture the Orb

etc.

etc.

So, if I was you I would search for a decent gamemode and create a map for that.

Thanks Pimjong, do you know of any scripts I could download and use? We're just looking for one that's got restrictions no bigger than the LS airport, something around the Area 51 size.

Thanks Jason_Gregory, I sent the *.map and meta.xml to my friend, he could play the map but when we tried to play LAN it didn't work :? Maybe I'll have another go at it. What do I need to do to the meta.xml file?

So, if I was you I would search for a decent gamemode and create a map for that.

Thanks Phat Looser, how would I go about doing this? I know how to place objects, pickups, etc. I just need to know where to start with creating a map for a gamemode then I'll be on my way 8)

Thank you everyone! :D

Okay. So far I've chosen the mode "Deathmatch" and added four spawn points, each in a different location with a different skin. I added a fence to close off the only exit out of the Area 51 base and made players spawn with a Colt45 and Uzi both with limited ammo.