MTA crash after [stop playing with yourself] (have read FAQ)

Ed_kostka

Question

ok so here it goes. i downloaded, installed, everything's where it should be. i start MTA SA and it doesn't do anything after the splash screen. im running windows vista. i deleted the GTA_SA.set, ive searched high and low for the nview desktop manager but its no where to be found on my laptop. so i was just wondering if someone knew a different way to solve this problem, or help me locate this nview desktop manager, because ive googled it and cant find any help anywhere. please help X_x

5 answers to this question

Well apparently you didn't read the FAQ properly or you would have known you need to update DirectX.

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Kno ... ash_screen

MTA crashes after the 'Stop playing with yourself' logo. Both single player and the MTA: Race ran fine before.

Try downloading the latest DirectX Runtime files from Microsoft. Also check in Task Manager, if gta_sa.exe process isn't already running.

If you run at any substandard resolutions (e.g. 960x720), try to change your resolution to a commonly supported one (e.g. 640×480, 800×600, 1024×768, 1152×864, 1280×1024) by launching Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas in normal mode, setting the new resolution and exiting.

so i followed the instructions that you put up, downloaded the program from Microsoft, then i run the program. it trys to install, then it gives me this error. "An Internal error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your windows folder to determine problem." i found a file called DirectX.txt and it doesnt tell me much...

thats the problem though... i CANT FIND the files it tells me to look at, they aren't in the windows folder, and i ran a search for said files and apparently they dont exist. i googled where they could be and it just sent me to microsofts page to download more BS oh and i KNOW your not microsoft.