1.0 server

jkub

i just got the december 24 nightly build of the server build and i am trying to run it so i can go ahead and check out some stuff but for some reason i cant connect to the server when i start it. it says "connection timed out" always i can never connect. but when i run my normal dp2.3 server i can connect. Is there somthing extra i should get with the 1.0 server or what?

k thx ive did that and it let me in. ive tryed loging in to my admin but it keeps saying i am using a bad password when i checked the account.xml more then six time and assured it was right... so i tryed to spawn my player using the freeroam resource but the player will not spawn it just fades to a black screen...

accounts.xml has changed, it now contains hashed passwords instead of plaintext ones for increased security. Remove your account from accounts.xml and re-create it from the server console with the addaccount command (type "addaccount" without anything after it to see how to use it).

Concerning freeroam, the DP2 version will not work on nightlies - in fact this will be the case for many resources. Several scripting functions have been changed or replaced by better ones. If you know how to use an svn client you can get the updated freeroam version from the repository I linked earlier.

why do i get linking error while compiling nightly build?

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'strmiids.lib'

Is there anything i have to change in configuration?

There is lots of things you need to have before you can compile it (eg. Platform SDK)

i have Platform SDK, i think so.Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows XP SP2 is it right?

EDIT

Included all libs but now i get ~200 errors like this.

1>TextureRenderer.lib(mtype.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _MEDIATYPE_Audio 
1>MSVCRT.lib(crtdll.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__InterlockedCompareExchange@12 
1>MSVCRT.lib(gs_report.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__UnhandledExceptionFilter@4