How can I change my name?

Zack9764

• MTA Team

I don't think it's a good idea, some people just use different nicks ingame than the ones they've got on community.multitheftauto.com for various reasons (eg. due to original nick being already taken). Implementing such option would likely raise many concerns from our users.

You can always identify a person on the server by checking their community.multitheftauto.com account they're using ingame (if you're an admin on the server). That should be possible in dp3 of course, when the updated serial system will be put on use.

That should be possible in dp3 of course, when the updated serial system will be put on use.

Please tell me that DP3 isn't going to return to a system whereby it is impossible to play LAN games without a serial.

I am dreaming of an optionally non-authenticating DP3 server...

Seconded. Requiring genuine serials/accounts should definitely be a feature, but for bonus points, an optional feature.

• MTA Team

Yes, it's possible to disable the serial validation in the dp3 server. There is a variable added in the server configuration file, which you can use to enable/disable the validation. On default settings it's 'enabled'.