triggerEvent only for the player who has triggered it?

XetaQuake

Hey, :)

i have a strange problem, and its realy strange to explain it ^^

but i try it, and hope somebody can help me:

When a player write a command, let´s say /test, then a triggerEvent launches.

And now there comes the problem:

triggerEvent fires a server-side function, to set the player invisible who has writen /test in the other function.

But now all players get invisible, not only the player who has writen /test.

Normaly, its easy to fix it when you use source or so, but the problem in my issue is, that not the source fires the function to set the player invisible - the triggerEvent is firing it. I hope you can understand it.

Here is a little part of my code (translated in english and also cutted for this post):

Function that starts when player writing /test on

function testFunction ( source, command, status ) 
 invisiblePlayerName = getClientName ( source ) 
 invisiblePlayerSource = getPlayerFromNick ( invisiblePlayerName ) 

if ( status == "an" ) or ( status == "on" ) then 
    setTimer ( triggerEvent, 30000, 1, "nowFireNextFunction", invisiblePlayerSource ) 
  else 
        outputChatBox ( "Pleas use ''/test on''", source, 201, 201, 244, true ) 
  end 
end 
addCommandHandler ( "test", testFunction ) 

addEvent( "nowFireNextFunction", true ) 
addEventHandler ( "nowFireNextFunction", getRootElement(), nextFunction ) 

Function there get firing with triggerEvent on previous code

function nextFunction( source ) 
   setElementAlpha ( invisiblePlayerSource, 110 ) 
   outputChatBox ( invisiblePlayerName.." ist now invisible", getRootElement(), 255, 188, 178, true ) 
  else 
  end 
end 

I hope you can help me, the problem is (i´m think so) that´s triggerEvent is not a source player, and so no source-player launches the second function - only triggerEvent. And so there´s no source player to set him invisible ;) I would prefer to set the player invisible client-side (so i can use getLocalPlayer), but then its not synchronized :lol:

Any tips for me? - Pleas :(

XetaQuake

invisiblePlayerName = getClientName ( source ) 
invisiblePlayerSource = getPlayerFromNick ( invisiblePlayerName ) 

Why is this for?

Maybe you could just change

setTimer ( triggerEvent, 30000, 1, "nowFireNextFunction", invisiblePlayerSource ) 

to

setTimer(nextFunction, 30000, 1,source) 

But I don't know about this, maybe it's only when both functions are in the same file.

Alpha is triggered on all models with the same id. It doesn't matter if you pass a source argument. Setting CJs' alpha to 0 for example, makes all players with the same skin id invisible as well. Same goes for vehicles.

Oh realy? Thats to bad! But thanks for answer :wink:

Then i doesn't use setElementAlpha, i think i let the player glow - is also nice.

But, pleas don´t forgot, this code snippet is only a LITTLE part from my script.

Also the player who should getting invisible, should be get invincible.

But: All players get invincible, but my script to set the player invincible is client-side:

function setPlayerInvincible ( authorization ) 
    if ( authorization == "allowed" ) then 
        addEventHandler ( "onClientPlayerDamage", getRootElement(), cancelEvent ) 
    else 
    end 
end 

So any damage get ignored.

And i fire the client-side script using triggerClientEvent on "nextFunction": (this lines was not on the old post, because i thought i can get the answer with my invisible problem)

function nextFunction( source ) 
   setElementAlpha ( invisiblePlayerSource, 110 ) 
   triggerClientEvent ( "invincible", invisiblePlayerSource, "allowed" ) 
   outputChatBox ( invisiblePlayerName.." ist now invisible", getRootElement(), 255, 188, 178, true ) 
  else 
  end 
end 

But there is a similar problem: Anybody gets invincible - but WHY?

I also tries it with source instead of invisiblePlayerSource (to answer Doomed_Space_Marine´s post), but its the same problem

Ideas pleas?

Oh, well, thanks LordAzamth :)

Now i use:

triggerClientEvent ( "invincible", invisiblePlayerSource, "allowed", invisiblePlayerSource ) 

But i have the same problem, anybody is invincible. And, anyway, for my eyes it looks a little bit stupid ^^ two times invisiblePlayerSource?