So im setting up a server...

I followed the wiki on win32 installation and setup and my bro kobra set up the whole deal on his (faster and better than my) pc and ran the whole dos window deal after tweaking and changing (correctly) the config file...right on.

so the problem is that were on a wireless network in our house so i logged into the wireless router and port forwarded his computer 22003 22136(or was it 22126? whatever it was i put it in correctly) and 44003 so it would function properly, and im 87% sure it worked allright and i dropped the firewall to zero protection on his pc, the router, and hoped for the best, and doesnt it just figure that from my pc i cant see the server from the list (possibly cuz its from my main IP) and cannot connect to the server through localhost (does that work from my pc to his on a network???) or directly to his ip to port 22003 or 22126, and after a few hours of trying, and retrying i come here to beg for help, now heres what information i can provide:

ISP = roadrunner

windows versions = win xp pro

hours of frustration caused = >3

server public IP = 65.24.124.238

server public name = war / area 69

wireless router = Motorola sbg900

other info = ask if ya need ne thing

thanks for anything you can inform me of i dont know and again ill say i have ALREADY read the wiki and a few other documents MANY times, so dont try to link me to them, as i been there seen that.

also note that you wont see the server in the list, its not running currently, but perhaps ill attempt it again tonight and try my luck

EDIT

OK perhaps it works now, i dont know, why doesnt someone go check for a server called war / area 69 for me and tell me :D

anyway its running in our local network but something might be stopping it from being on the server list, i dunno

• 2 weeks later...

Servers on your local network do not appear in the server list. Most routers will also not allow you to connect to local servers via your external IP address. Using localhost will also not work since the server is not on your PC. You need to connect to his LAN IP address.

• 3 months later...

I really do not have a clue about this Local IP or LAN IP stuff at at all.

My IP address is different on my server (static) than on the other ones (dynamic, haha)

I just went to portforwarding.com or whatever and followed the instructions, this made my server appear on the serverlist for everyone else to see.

I type in my static Ip address into Quick connect to connect to my server but others type the dynamic IP into the quick connect or connect using Browse servers. But for me the server never appears on the serverlist - may be the same with you.

I hope that some of that was useful