SweetFX and GemFX as an alternative to Reshade

Inconsumable

Question

Since reshade is officially banned by the MTA anti-cheat, I have the following question. There are alternative graphics enhancements such as SweetFX and GemFX. Are they banned or not? Can I get an anti-cheat ban for using them? Will they work? This is such recklessness of you that I ask such questions on the forum. You should be ashamed that a player is trying to improve the graphics in a very old game, and he is forbidden to do so. But oh well, I'll leave my displeasure without attention. Enough answers to those questions that I asked above. At least for the answers to them thanks in advance.

Edited by Inconsumable

1 answer to this question

• Moderators

Hi.

I believe you should inform yourself better as to why we decided to restrict the use of reshade before making those statements. Hint: it's because of security-related issues.
This is explained by our AC representatives on our Discord here, here & here.

AFAIK, even those attempting to use reshade will get kicked by the anticheat to remove the associated files (not a straight up ban), therefore you shouldn't face problems for trying to run SweetFX and/or GemFX. Make sure to backup your game, though.