something to use alongside ips

lil Toady

Hide IP - Platinum

Changes your IP address to a random proxy in the world.

Works great against IP bans. My friend got banned off of SA-MP for lipping littlewhitey, then he got hide IP and was automatically unbanned from the mod and the site.

Hide IP is easily obtainable with basic searching skills, or, you could buy it the legal way. There is also a trial.

MAC Addresses are really easy to change, i could change mine within a few seconds, the only really other effective way to keep people banned, is to charge for player accounts, but considering mta will never do that and the fact it would suck, IP's will have to do for the time being

what about working more on accounts. for instance getting people to signup but making the process free and using subnets to determine weither or not to put the account on delay and let someone check it out or simply allow an automated acivation. on top of that signup could be integrated into the game itself to avoid proxies.

You would find yourself in the same problem, someone change there IP (some people can even to a new subnet) and with the countless free email providers people could really register as many account as they would like, and if account activation was not automated and immediate, LOADS of people would be caining the devs and moderators about it via threads and pm's