MTA Client serial validation issue under wine

Hello.

I have a problem with playing MTA on linux with wine. I have tried this before (01/04/2022) and got it working (after running the linux server as root and all), played for a bit, and then forgot about it. Recently I tried to run the client again, but got the same "There was a problem validating your serial" error, this time after being able to see the main menu for a few seconds. I downloaded the server and ran it as root again (why do i have to run it as root), but it didn't fix anything. The game still locks up and then exits with this message. In the time before it closed i managed to connect to my local server i just installed, and got another error, this time telling me I got "banned by MTA". I don't really know if this is something to do with the verification problem or if i really did get banned (in that case should i post in the ban appeal forum?)
I'm sorry if this issue has been already solved, I couldn't find anything.

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/BJOaPLD

• Tut locked this topic
  • Administrators

Closing this as the ban has been resolved, and it looks like support is being given for the serial activation issue elsewhere now. Welcome to open another post if that doesn't resolve it though