Jump to content

TXD and DFF files bug


Recommended Posts

I have a problem installing skins to characters, I've tried everything I know it could have fixed it out but nothing. Yesterday I was playing normaly, later I wanted to install some skin mods using Crazy IMG editor, and Magic TXD, everything ok, I try some skin mods and everything was fine. But the problem started when I tryied to edit some skins using 3D max 2010, but as a newbie in these stuffs I don't know how to use the program so I decided to uninstall it, before I did that I keep searching for some other skins that I would like to test, I opened Crazy IMG Editor, extracted the .TXD and .DFF, then I checked it in the game to take a look and I see this   Skin bug  I tested with other skins and I got the same problem, with cars and weapons I don't have this problem, I've reinstalled the game, I go back to a restore point, I delete those programs as Crazy IMG Editor and Magic TXD but nothing I do seems to work, the only solution that I see here is to format my PC but I don't want to risk all my files and documents just for a st-pid game and his tons of bugs. One thing that I figure out is that the orinentation from the skin mods are wrong, and the original skins are ok, I don't know if that's the problem (I just use Zmodeler to take a look) Zmodeler view

Link to comment
13 hours ago, Tut said:

Are you able to be a bit more brief on what the problem is?

Basically, I can't install skin mods to characters anymore, because every skin looks like this https://ibb.co/yVNfbfq

2 minutes ago, DonNobody said:

Basically, I can't install skin mods to characters anymore, because every skin looks like this https://ibb.co/yVNfbfq

For example, I want to install this skin https://www.gtaall.net/gta-san-andreas/skins/190483-frost.html and it appear like this https://ibb.co/yVNfbfq , with the original skin that I chose to change with the other but without his texture I'm not sure if.

I don't know if I explain myself

Link to comment

White skins mean that the .txd file (textures) failed to load, that can happen if mod is corrupted or if the loading order is incorrect (col/txd/dff).

Edited by Vampire
Typo
Link to comment
13 minutes ago, Vampire said:

White skins mean that the .txd file (textures) failed to load, that can happen if mod is corrupted or if the loading order is incorrect (col/txd/dff).

This happen with every skin mod from any page, I'm not sure how to fix this

Link to comment
  • Administrators

@DonNobody are you installing those mods locally or are you loading them using MTA server scripts?

If they're being loaded locally through gta3.img, you'll want to make sure that the server you're playing on allows custom gta3.img. It's disallowed by default.
You can configure this in server config which should be located in \MTA SA\MTA\server\. Since skins don't use embedded textures, you'll need both TXD and DFF.

Link to comment
14 hours ago, Tut said:

@DonNobody are you installing those mods locally or are you loading them using MTA server scripts?

If they're being loaded locally through gta3.img, you'll want to make sure that the server you're playing on allows custom gta3.img. It's disallowed by default.
You can configure this in server config which should be located in \MTA SA\MTA\server\. Since skins don't use embedded textures, you'll need both TXD and DFF.

You were right, the servers that I used to test the skins doesn't allow skin mods, all this problem and the solution was to try with another server, thank you anyway.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...