Some staff needed for a large project

So i know this is probably a massive shot in the dark given the state of the English community but:

I'm looking for various staff members for a large light RP/RPG project I'm working on. This project is the product of my nearly 10 years of both roleplay and freeroam experience, and i'm solely building it to A. expand my coding knowledge and creativity and B. spread word of MTA to people that love SA had no idea it existed. With that being said, I'm not looking for a massive playerbase but if one happened to find me i wouldn't mind either. I like to type way too much lol, so please take the time to read as it's all informative to the project, thanks.

A little about myself:

Most people that know me know me from roleplay (and a couple OGs from freeroam) and know that I ran or co-ran a handful of RP servers that lasted some time, as well as mapped quite extensively for RP, including my Kota Islands map (https://youtu.be/nFUy1UcFgHs). I spent a long time brewing up ideas since my start in roleplay in 2016 and freeroam in 2013-2014 and applying those ideas to different servers, but in the end i never really made what I thought was the perfect idea of a server. Now that English RP is dead and the English community as a whole is declining, I figured I'd make my last server and continue to work on it or at the very least keep it running until MTA itself closes its doors. That's not an empty guarantee either, I have no problem making and keeping a completely self-sufficient server online that can run on it's own when I get busy with life.

About the server:

Read the spoiler after this next sentence, because I know how some of you get with this but I think the reasoning is valid enough. The server in itself uses an unreleased version of the 2020 owl code given to me from an old Owl developer friend of mine. We've modified it heavily over time to more suit our server's needs.

Now why the Owl code? Ill keep the reasoning as a spoiler so i don't spam up this post lol

Spoiler

People ask 'why not build your own base instead of struggling with someone else's code you didn't even create?' Well, I'm in the military, I work two jobs aside from that, my coding skills are certainly not at that level, I've been working on the owl code since 2017 so i know pretty much the whole thing at this point, and it already provides a solid, non-buggy platform for roleplayers and with some tweaking RPG players too. So at the end of it all, why code something from scratch and waste a year or two before the first completely non-bugged version with all the features I need when i have one I'm already familiar with?
We've been working out a lot of Owl's old issues in gameplay and making the code way more self-sufficient rather than needing an admin for every little thing. As part of making this code into light RP/RPG we've added and removed a lot of features, restrictions and other nonsense to make it a little more fitting.

The Grid System:

Our server features a system originally started by Exciter that allows you to travel to anywhere you can think of outside the SA map. The original owl code has a folder called 'Grid' with one single file in it and that's all owl got before Exciter left the dev team and continued the feature on his own. I'm currently the only other person with a copy of the full system. Click the spoiler for a better explanation

Spoiler

Look at this grid. Imagine the poorly-drawn red square in the middle is the default GTA SA map, the whole entire map. Now, imagine every square around it could be made into anything you could think of from a new city, a small island, or even just an open ocean or a duplicate SA map. our in-game system is basically a 97x97 grid, allowing a total of 9,409 different world you could travel by boat, plane, or even swim to. Thinking that's a lot of map download when you load into the server? The map is loaded when you enter the grid, not when you connect. Eventual plans work towards having individual script support for each grid as well, effectively having what could be an entirely different server in each grid

K2fg404.jpg

Map Completion and liveliness:

Honestly, I'm tired of playing SA and not feeling like you're actually in a city, or in the woods, or in the desert and so-on. Below is a short list of a just a couple things i'm planning to do to make the city more immersive:

Spoiler

- Ambience where needed. Done just right (and it's been tested), ambience can add an amazing effect to the once-dull forests and other parts of the map. Sounds and code settings need to be done just right to ensure this doesn't sound out of place

- Traffic. The age-old red-headed stepchild of MTA, we're working on a modified version of an existing traffic system and adding more to it, as well as implementing a full-working and soon-to-be-recoded wanted system with NPC police chases.

- Buyable interiors. Everywhere. Every single business, trailer, shack, house and everything in between in the SA world will be available to purchase, enter and modify at your own free will. Skyscrapers will have fully-mapped interiors according to the amount of floors each one has, with rooms to fill each one. People will be able to buy large buildings and rent rooms out to other players as well.

- Full Transportation. Still an early work in progress, the server will have all forms of transportation fully running and at the very least available for player use, with some allowing you to take as a job and make money (train, tram, bus, taxi jobs)

There's really just so much to say about this server and I'm starting to ramble so I'll get to the point and say we're looking for anyone that wants to help with literally anything from coding, mapping, custom vehicle handling management, interior making (in-game not mapped), ideas, planning, administration and whatever else... or honestly even just another follower. The only things I require as staff are:

- You're trustworthy (Meaning I feel like i can trust you, not other people vouching for you)

- You're able to understand this is a long-term project and a large playerbase is not expected, but welcomed if it comes.

- You're willing to stick around for the long run (obviously some lack of activity is no issue if you have school or other important life things)

- You understand this is not a paid project, but I do pay our developers when I have the available funds to do so.

I really shouldn't keep typing, so just message me on Discord if you'd like more information or are interested in helping out. 5150#5150

Edited by 5150
  • Sad 1