Problem with lags.

waves

Question

Hi, I have a problem in the MTA. Plays RolePlay servers. If I look at the skins of cars, the game lags me terribly. If the car has 30MB then I have 4fps approximately.If I dont look on the car that i have 40 fps and more. 
Is there a way to solve it? Thanks

6 answers to this question

• Administrators

Yes you can resolve it.

GTA vehicle models are around 150kb or 2000 triangle meshes. GTA traffic system is fairly optimised to not render vehicles from far and only around 16 within the players camera IIRC. That said you would have a maximum of around 24k triangles loaded in your location from vehicles alone.

Now imagine what 30mb/420k triangles does to your game.

Please get rid of the mod and find models that are less than 1mb at least. If you do have a 3D Modeler on your team you can ask that he optimizes the DFF, TXD and collision mods. This can easily produce great results without destroying the mesh completely.

On 06/12/2020 at 17:59, Tut said:

Yes you can resolve it.

GTA vehicle models are around 150kb or 2000 triangle meshes. GTA traffic system is fairly optimised to not render vehicles from far and only around 16 within the players camera IIRC. That said you would have a maximum of around 24k triangles loaded in your location from vehicles alone.

Now imagine what 30mb/420k triangles does to your game.

Please get rid of the mod and find models that are less than 1mb at least. If you do have a 3D Modeler on your team you can ask that he optimizes the DFF, TXD and collision mods. This can easily produce great results without destroying the mesh completely.

I understand that. But there are servers where 100 people play and I would like to play them. I just don't want them to reduce the size of the vehicles there. I'd rather choose an alternative to turning off models just for me.
  • Administrators

If you're not part of the server Staff team, the above would not apply to you.

Under Advanced MTA settings, try setting the debug mode to Graphics. This should disable custom mods.
Otherwise the best you can do is reach out to their Staff and ask if they can add a toggle for disabling mods.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, waves said:

I am developer on MTA RolePlay Czecho Slovakia. If there was a script to turn of models car just for me? Btw thank you.

You can create a script that disables mods for a player's own client. If you need guidance for this I recommend asking in a new thread in the scripting forum. However I would recommend you do all of your players a favor and get rid of heavy mods, as players will start leaving if they have persistent client issues.

https://forum.multitheftauto.com/forum/71-scripting/