problems with sounds & "kicking from Server"

Guest WilliSchmoof

Hey all,

first of all i must say, the mta sa is a nice multiplayer mod and its very funny to play and crate own maps. :D

we test the version 1.1.1 in a lan and there are some problems in a session:

- the first problem ist the sound. we play with two people in a session with a dedicated server. After some minutes we couldn´t hear sound of the vehicles for a time. then the sounds go on and some times later off... :cry:

- the second problem is following: we play racing maps with checkpoints and after a time we couldn´t check a checkpoint. if we drive between them nothing happend. (AND we havn´t forgot the checkpoint befor :lol: ) Then we will be kicked from our server... :x

anyone else have some problems like this?

greets ***WilliSchmoof***

Hi erorr404,

we ´ve the hardware acceleration already on the lowest...(and both pcs havn´t problems if we play the normal Version of GTA San Andreas...???!!!)

Yes, normally there are no problems in a Lan thats the same i thougt. the connection is stable. Now we will try to play in the Internet and check the sound and connection there...

greets WilliSchmoof

Yeah it is strange when its on a LAN. Just make sure the firewall isn't blocking MTA on all the computers, especially the server. You might have to add the server app to the firewall too. It shouldn't lag one bit when its on a LAN unless someone gets low FPS. If its actually a wireless network, then make sure you get good quality connections.

EDIT: Yeah, but when you play on the internet, your computer finds the shortest way to each computer, which is on your network, unless you are playing on a server on the internet, outside your LAN, because then, all computers find their way to the server through the internet.

we have swiched all firewalls off, and also the router, so that we haven´t a connection to the Internet, thats why i dont understand this action : "kicking from server..."

Our FPS are all alright, and its no wireless network installed.

Yes, we will test with a Server outside our LAN, not with our own Server.

We will see if the problems are already there...hopefully not :)

- the second problem is following: we play racing maps with checkpoints and after a time we couldn´t check a checkpoint. if we drive between them nothing happend. (AND we havn´t forgot the checkpoint befor :lol: ) Then we will be kicked from our server... :x
we have swiched all firewalls off, and also the router, so that we haven´t a connection to the Internet, thats why i dont understand this action : "kicking from server..."

It appears that the kicking from server is when nothing happens, which means the computers stopped communicating properly or at all, then you get kicked for lagging. There is something wrong with your network. If you know how, then try seting up the network again. Remove connections, then reconnect the computers. Only do this if you know how. This might fix your problem.

Does any other game have this problem or a similar problem when your playing on a LAN? If it does, draw a diagram of your network as a picture and upload it. Then I'll see exactly how your network is set up. I don't think this problem has to do with MTA, but I think its your network causing problems. (http://www.imageshack.com is a good place to store your pictures)