Help plz - Unable to join LAN Game..

Hi again :/

Ok, we are 2 guys here... we wanna play via LAN..

one of us starts dedicated server, starts game, alt+tabs, connects to 127.0.0.1 and is in the game...

then i try to connect to him, it never works.. i tried to connect to 127.0.0.1 and to his IP.. always saying "The connection is reset by remote side" ...

maybe i should say we both got same ip, because of a HUB...

anything we can do?

plz help :?

well, perhaps you should run a normal server instead of a dedicated one... :wink:

Start menu :arrow: Run... :arrow: cmd :arrow: ipconfig

both of you'll have different ip addresses... make sure you use the right ones.

Not sure what else I can say... I don't really know much about LANs.

Ok first of all, let me go on a rant.

-Learn networking..please.

-Buy a switch.

Ok, with that done, make sure that one computer is running DHCP, and that all other computers connected to the hub are configured to automatically acquire an address through DHCP. Make sure you end up on the same network, ie the first 3 numbers of the IP address are the same, 192.168.0.* or however it is setup. Only the server should connect to himself (127.0.0.1), or if possible host on a completely separate machine. Make sure TCP/IP is enabled as well.

^hmm i connect to 192.168.xxx.xxx but when xxx the ip is, it cant be everything of my ip..

my ip is (for example :P ) :

then the ip should be 192.168.123.46.789.436 or what? kinda long ;)

sorry im a newb to all this :oops:

and no one of us uses a firewall

You don't know what ports do?! dang it! I was hoping you'd know! ('cause I sure as hell don't)... I just said ports because... um.. they must be important! otherwise they wouldn't have such funny names.

heeheehee! port.