Compatibility mode required, ALT+TAB not working, ShadowPlay

Megadreams

Question

• Discord Moderators

Hey,

A while ago I was having freezes upon entering the main menu which was resolved. Recently I started encountering more and more GPU related issues with other programs and decided to do a clean install of Windows and make sure everything is alright from the start on (since that was faster and easier than attempting to fully clean up anything NVidia had left on my laptop before doing a clean driver install). Everything works perfectly well on my pc now but MTA has had some issues. They are as follows:

- I have to run MTA in compatibility mode as not doing so results in a crash. (Error message)

- I cannot use alt+tab as that simply makes my screen go black.

- ShadowPlay is no longer able to detect the game or at least not able to record it.

MTADiag: https://pastebin.mtasa.com/456789063

5 answers to this question

• MTA Team

Try making this "0" :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas All\1.5\Settings\general\aero-enabled

If that doesn't help, try making this "1" :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas All\1.5\Settings\nvhacks\optimus-force-detection

• Discord Moderators

Disabling aero has no effect whatsoever. The NVidia optimus screen allows me to start up the game without crashing when using "Standard NVidia, Alternate NVidia, Standard Intel & Alternate Intel" but this does not solve the ALT+TAB and ShadowPlay issues. All other options simply result in a crash.

Hey,

A while ago I was having freezes upon entering the main menu which was resolved. Recently I started encountering more and more GPU related issues with other programs and decided to do a clean install of Windows and make sure everything is alright from the start on (since that was faster and easier than attempting to fully clean up anything NVidia had left on my laptop before doing a clean driver install). Everything works perfectly well on my pc now but MTA has had some issues. They are as follows:

- I have to run MTA in compatibility mode as not doing so results in a crash. (Error message)

- I cannot use alt+tab as that simply makes my screen go black.

- ShadowPlay is no longer able to detect the game or at least not able to record it.

MTADiag: https://pastebin.mtasa.com/456789063

How did you fix the freezes upon entering the main menu? I think I've the same problem and I really wish to play MTA. So I'd be so happy if you help me.

• Discord Moderators

Try the solution provided by ccw in the second post. Those fixed the freezes, although I would also check your drivers as in my case that was mostly the reason why it happened in the first place. I did not yet fix the other issues though.