MTA freezing on main menu (caused by proxy_sa.exe)

Megadreams

Question

• Discord Moderators

As my previous topic got simply ignored I decided to create a new one in the hope that it raises more awareness. I can barely play MTA anymore due to this bug.

Recently I've updated my Windows 10 to the latest version and since then MTA freezes when it reaches the main menu. You basically see the menu but it's not fully fade in yet. This issue seems to be related to proxy_sa.exe as used by MTA as this also happens in singleplayer when proxy_sa.exe is being used. Using gta_sa.exe works fine (in singleplayer). I have a second monitor (my television temporarily) and when unplugging it the menu suddenly unfreezes. This does however not mean that it also works without that monitor as it freezes as well when it's not plugged in, it's merely a way to get it to unfreeze.

MTADiag output: https://pastebin.mtasa.com/363536126

4 answers to this question

• Discord Moderators

Any thought on it so far?

EDIT: The issue remains on MTA SA: 1.5.2. Basically what happens is that proxy_sa.exe doesn't react at all and cannot be stopped through the task manager, I simply get a message that it doesn't let me close it. Only when causing a graphics update, in this case unplugging my second monitor, the exe unfreezes and allows me to continue.