GetAccountData to client server

stefutz101

Hi i want to make a lvl-script on DayZ Mta , and i want to make on screen to show you current exp / exp to lvl up . But how i cant make go GetAccountData on client side ? The experience is saved in account data on server-side so i need a function to get "exp" frome server-side . Help , please ? :D Please :( :(

I already try with getElementData but it display 0 . http://iceimg.net/images/2015/08/28/mta ... -49-28.png

With getAccountData i try too , but i have error : attempting to concatenate a nil value .

Client-Side

local thePlayer= getLocalPlayer() 
local currentexp = GetAccontData(thePlayer,"exp") 

I looked in client function on wiki and getAccountData isn't , so i think is only server-side .

I will try with triggerServerEvent . It must be something like this ? : triggerServerEvent("onZombieGetsKilled" , thePlayer , "exp" ). It's good ?

local thePlayer = getLocalPlayer() 
addEventHandler("onClientResourceStart", resourceRoot, 
    function()     
    end 
) 
addEventHandler("onClientRender", root, 
    function() 
        triggerServerEvent(thePlayer,'onZombieGetsKilled',root, currentexp) 
        local currentlvl = getElementData(thePlayer, "lvl") or 1 
        dxDrawText(currentexp.."",   600,   104,  688, 128, tocolor(255, 255, 255, 255), 0.50, "bankgothic", "left", "top") 
        dxDrawText("/",   625,   104,  688, 128, tocolor(30, 247, 7, 255), 0.50, "bankgothic", "left", "top") 
        dxDrawText(""..levelExp[currentlvl],  650,104,796,123, tocolor(255, 255, 255, 255), 0.50, "bankgothic", "left", "top") 

end 

This is Client-side , and btw i have defined levelExp . It work but for lvlExp[currentlvl] but now dont display nothing . :(

Ps : SetElementData ? You want to say GetElementData ?

Help , please :(

It's messed up. Why are you triggering the event from the server in the first place. (sorry for not pointing this out in the first reply)

You can just use setElementData server-side and getElementData client-side. While this is not the best approach, performance wise, it still the easiest one.

I do it but i have a problem , if player leave server when player he have lvl 0. And 0 exp

function login(source) 
        setElementData(source, "lvl", getElementData(source,"lvl")) 
        setElementData(source, "exp", getElementData(source,"exp")) 
end 
addEventHandler("onPlayerLogin", getRootElement(),login) 

function login(source) 
        local currentexp = getElementData(source, "exp") or 0 
        local currentlvl = getElementData(source, "lvl") or 1 

setElementData(source, "lvl", tonumber(currentlvl)) 
        setElementData(source, "exp", tonumber(currentexp)) 
end 
addEventHandler("onPlayerQuit", getRootElement(),login) 

Element data are session based, when the player leaves the server it's reset. You need setAccountData to actually save the data.

On login you load the data using getAccountData, then you set it as element data for the player. On quit/logout you save it with setAccountData.

Solved , ty :D

But i have an bug : Example : if i have EXP : 95 / 100 and i kill a zombie and toad ( local toad= math.random(10, 15) and for example toad is 10 i will have 105/100 exp but at next zombie killed i will make lvl up and 5 / 115 . I can fix this ? It's not important bug but i ask if i can solve it.