Lan server problem

Guest troden

alright, i downloaded the latest version of MTA 0.4.1. I have Vice City installed on 3 computers one of them being an MTA server. When i connect from the other 2 machines, it connects fine no errors or anything. I start up the game from both machines but once we are in the game we find out that we arent in the same game, its as if we connected to 2 different instances of the MTA server. We can chat with each other and see all in game chat messages but we cannot see each other at all, we do not show up on the radar eve when we could be standing in the exact same spot.

I have reinstalled Vice City on all machines and MTA 0.4.1 but I am having the exact same problem. Anyone have any suggestions?

haha, windows XP pro on all 3 machines.

amd 2400+

asus a7v333

radeon 9800pro

1gig DDR

amd 2000+

MSI K7N2

Geforce4 MX 440

512 DDR

3.(server)

amd 1800+

MSI K7N2

Geforce2 MX 220

512 DDR

previous versions of MTA have worked without any problems, however I would run into the odd problem where all of a sudden we would not be able to see each other in game, but could still talk. This was a rare occurance however. Simply disconnecting and reconnecting would correct this problem.

i have 2 computer

1 is:

P4 2.6G

256 ram DDR (333)

geforce fx 5200 126 ram ( fucking card need to get new 1)

asus p533 mother bord.

80 GB

2:P4 1.4G

126 ram ( 800 mhz ) SOME FAST SHIT

intel mother bord

geforce 440 mx 64 ram

33 GB

and i got a P1 computer 133 mhz

16 ram

windows 98

no grafic crad...

can i use tthe old computer for the lan server ,will it be fast inaf..?

• 4 months later...

I have the same problem. It seems that on 2 pcs there are two different games (we can't see each other), but the chat works well. I use mta 0.4.1 and winxp pro. Does anybody know whats a problem?

do you have to press F9 to bring down the chat manually everytime you enter? i know this sounds strange but i might know whats wrong...

Yes, I need to press F9 on the second pc (client), on the first (server) pc chat windows displays automatically as i enter the game. Please, write your opinion about whats wrong. Thanks.

ok ur second PC, needs its audio drivers updated, or make sure all the files in the GTAVC root\audio directory are installed. Make sure all radio, sfx, and movie sequence sounds are in there. althou ur SP will run on ur 2nd PC without audio fine, it wont in mta.

its the second PC thats not synced, ur first one seems ok,

ok ur second PC, needs its audio drivers updated, or make sure all the files in the GTAVC root\audio directory are installed. Make sure all radio, sfx, and movie sequence sounds are in there. althou ur SP will run on ur 2nd PC without audio fine, it wont in mta.

its the second PC thats not synced, ur first one seems ok,

Thanks, I'll try to fix audio and will write about results

Yes, it works!!! Thank you very much. I gust heve reinstalled sound drivers (they wern't installed because the secind pc hasn't speakers) + i have copied audio files (wih radio stations) to audio folder. It seems to me that this problem should be described in faq and manual, cause it could be useful for other players.

P.S. Thanks for MTA team for such mod. BTW I tried to use Gta Tournament, but it didn't work and had some annoying bugs. So, keep doing it! :)