hey!

you can see that there are spammers on the forum right now,but i mean bots,not people who spam.

so my question is,could you do something to prevent them?

add some more/other questions when registering?

captcha code?

these things which bots can't pass i mean to prevent them registering

sorry for my english

When you see a spam thread, report it.

yeah,I'm too lazy to report more than 200 threads but here are some pictures.

oh and yeah before i post pictures there were more spam thereads(you see in first pictures 5 sites of topics.)

i sugggest you to make new protection of spam bots because this is too much annoying

3424234.PNG

Capture.PNG

to see the full screen picture,right click on my picture and click open image in new tab and see it by yourself

this forum needs new captchas new questions everything to keep them away because now they have fully cracked the protection

Report one topic and the moderator will deal with all topics at the same section .

there are too many of them in each section and why just not making better protection against them?

if you delete their topics they are bots they will make them again -.-

• MTA Team
Report one topic and the moderator will deal with all topics at the same section .

there are too many of them in each section and why just not making better protection against them?

if you delete their topics they are bots they will make them again -.-

The problem these days is that they employ cheap labor in e.g. China to figure out how to register on a website. Once the problem has been solved they let their bots register. You can change your defence against them but after a few months your site passes one of those poor guys again and you can start all over.

New moderators can deal with :

WHO IS ONLINE

In total there are 91 users online :: 38 registered, 1 hidden and 52 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)

Most users ever online was 304 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:19 am

Registered users: Adde, ah0s9mzbk, al3n9dcys, as3u5jpcp, bd7b0hrmr, Bing [bot], bs3m2cftq, bv9z7lzds, cl7v5pmuw, Demetr1us, dp1r4gnct, eb1e7jmps, fg8c8uamm, ga6z2bxed, Google [bot], io1h9mzat, jc0t9qhmo, jf9t3boct, kh1n2dpbo, kq7i3nkah, laserlaser, lb1n8akki, Mr.Pres[T]ege, MTABahrain, on6m6kivj, PhantomDamn, rv4q0ssla, sf5a9slwm, Solstice., sx5p1jiog, Trinx, xc9f1jtzd, xTravax, Yakuza357, yh5z7ndqr, yi7o7nmgp, zh6g8rpko, zu3j3wmvk

:lol: . Good luck moderators .

i sugggest you to make new protection of spam bots because this is too much annoying

I'm just a global moderator. I have no control over what plugins, forum software, etc. we have, but I can make suggestions. Upgrading from phpbb would be my only idea, but even then, it's hard to stop. As blokker said, just hire a ton of chinese kids to do it. They'll easily thwart anything we throw in the road.

I'm just a global moderator. I have no control over what plugins, forum software, etc. we have, but I can make suggestions. Upgrading from phpbb would be my only idea, but even then, it's hard to stop. As blokker said, just hire a ton of chinese kids to do it. They'll easily thwart anything we throw in the road.

Upgrading from phpbb to what? vbulletin :D .

• MTA Team
well,seems like they stopped for now.

But,if they come back for a week or something like that you should really do something about it.

Like what? As I said before, there really is nothing you can do about it. Every security measure has been cracked.

And if you wanna feel better, it wasn't your mailbox that got spammed with about 500 undelivered e-mails for registration forms that used non existing mail adresses. How was I supposed to know that 500 other bots did use a valid activation mailbox?