Binds Not Accepting Joypad

800HPGTO

Question

All of a sudden, my binds screen will not take any buttons from my joypad. In the past, it could do this and now it cant.

However, i can still use the binds that were placed before, during game play AKA The buttons work during game play, but the buttons do not work when at the bind screen.

I have restarted, re-installed, cleaned-re-installed, re-installed the controller driver, re-installed the software using the driver.

What has gone wrong?

13 answers to this question

Actually, not at all. No controller interaction seems allowed when in settings at all. However, the controller works during game play. The settings i set with the controller, when the bindings allowed it, work during game play.

However now, settings in generally don't accept the controllers input. It DOES say, that a controller is present, and i have switched to joypad, but it accepts no input.

• MTA Team

Find the MTA install directory and open MTA\coreconfig.xml in a text editor like notepad. Find the section that starts with and add these lines:

<bind key="joy1" control="left"></bind> 
        <bind key="pov_up" control="right"></bind> 
        <bind key="axis_1" control="jump"></bind> 

Save and then start MTA.

Does moving one of the sticks make your player jump?

Does pressing one of the buttons make him move left?

Does pressing up on the directional pad make him move right?

Somebody needs to hire a professional when it comes to data management on these servers, getting real tired of the signing in twice bull

Manually putting in data for the controller works. Binds menu will not accept input from controller, nor will the next tab over with fields for acceleration and brake axis. No menu at all will take input from the controller except in game (movement).