Parts of the map fail to render.

SourGoat

Question

I've been playing MTA for a while, but in the past few days I'll look around and drive around and things won't render properly. It tends to happen when I come out of an 'interior' on my server (uG). The surrounding buildings and roads and such won't render, mean I can see vehicles hidden behind buildings, or see straight down into the void. It's only started the past few days and I've not changed anything significant.

A couple of others in my faction have the same problem and I believe it may be due to a skinpack we all use. Could this cause this or?

8 answers to this question

Skinpack - do you mean single players mods? At times of Vice City - modding gta3.img was causing graphical glitches, typically represented by disappearing objects/textures. Not sure if this was happening in San Andreas, as I wasn't touching gta3.img too much in SA.

If this was not happening before you installed skinpack - then it's skinpack's fault. You can try to "rebuild" gta3.img in gta3.img editor. It may help.

I've had the skinpack for ages though. It's only started within the last few days so. I'll probably have to get rid of it (It's done via client side edits in gta3 yeah) but I'm just trying to see if it's something else before I do as it makes the models not look like shit.