Update Problem NEED HELP

Mossy

Question

I updated my server to 1.3.2 by replacing core.dll, libcurl.dll, net.dll, pthreadVC2.dll, and xml.dll but then the server would not turn on. I then replaced the 5 files with 1.3.1's files but it's STILL not turning on. Which files do those 5 files infect? Or how can I fix it?

6 answers to this question

What about the EXE? :lol: Also, you might want all the DLL's from mods\deathmatch updated as well. And the newer server has new options in mtaserver.conf probably as well. Just upgrading a few DLL's isn't going to fully update it...

What about the EXE? :lol: Also, you might want all the DLL's from mods\deathmatch updated as well. And the newer server has new options in mtaserver.conf probably as well. Just upgrading a few DLL's isn't going to fully update it...

I updated my MTA to 1.3.2 but I also bought a server that I wanted to update. I thought it only needed the 5 files but it looks like I'm wrong(?)

Anyways I replaced them with 1.3.1's files but why is it still not turning on?

I updated my MTA to 1.3.2 but I also bought a server that I wanted to update. I thought it only needed the 5 files but it looks like I'm wrong(?)

Check for the EXE running under task manager? The server needs more than those 5 files to update. If they update the lua DLL between 2 patches, tons of issues would occur if you didn't update yours for your server. Beyond that I don't know why it wouldn't 'start'.

Check for the EXE running under task manager? The server needs more than those 5 files to update. If they update the lua DLL between 2 patches, tons of issues would occur if you didn't update yours for your server. Beyond that I don't know why it wouldn't 'start'.

What EXE? Dude, this isn't a local server. I bought this server so I edit stuff on it via FTP. Like I said on the original post, I updated it with only 5 files but then I decided I wanted to downgrade so I replaced the 5 files with 1.3.1's. I try to start the server but nothing appears in the Console.

Edit: Can you atleast tell me what files I need to overwrite for a successful upgrade? All the FTP has is the server folder.

Okay, if it's a LINUX server, it doesn't use DLLs. Like I said before, there's files inside the mods/deathmatch folder that are also necessary for the server to run. You must make sure those are the same version. I can't tell you why your server isn't running. If all the files are there, it should start. Knowing the OS would be a big help first.

Okay, if it's a LINUX server, it doesn't use DLLs. Like I said before, there's files inside the mods/deathmatch folder that are also necessary for the server to run. You must make sure those are the same version. I can't tell you why your server isn't running. If all the files are there, it should start. Knowing the OS would be a big help first.

I actually told the server hosters to put the 1.3.2 update on. Hopefully that will make my server work again because it will update correctly.