Need help opening ports

Sv1

Hey

i just made myself a LAN server for me and my classmates. problem is, when i try checking if the ports for the server are open https://nightly.multitheftauto.com/ports/ , it says they are closed. i have tried opening them in the windows firewall, but whatever i do, it still says they are locked. Please help me.

(Please note, i am trying to run the server via the school internet, does this mean i can't open/close ports? It is protected by security type: 802.1x)

Yes i think you cant open it becuase you need to open the ports via the router which im sure you dont have access to. Just do it at home?

if i open them at home, how can this work when i then go to school and connect to THAT network?

Will opening them at home keep em open everywhere?

no lol When you open ports through your router at your house they are only open in you household and anyone connecting to that router. So there is no way you can do it through your school unless you as the school the open these ports for you

what if i started a non-LAN server. And kept it online via the computer i have at home? that would work right?

(if yes:)

How do i make a non-lan server? how do i open the ports? is it free to host such a server?...

Yes you can leave the server turned on all the time at home and then if the ports are open anyone can access it anywhere

You didn't awnser all my questions.

Is it free?

IF it is free, please explain in details how to make a server. (every step)

Yes you can leave the server turned on all the time at home and then if the ports are open anyone can access it anywhere

Is it free?

If you want a host, you must pay. There are lots of companies that you can check to buy a host from.

Is it free?

If you want a host, you must pay. There are lots of companies that you can check to buy a host from.

Im not willing to pay. So that = no server neither LAN or propper... i guess :/

Is it free?

Im not willing to pay. So that = no server neither LAN or propper... i guess :/

Open your ports and keep the server online 24 hours or just don't make a server.

Open your port and keep the server online 24 hours? Did you even read the topic?

Here's a small summary:

I made a LAN server for me and my classmates. But i can't get the ports open. Robbster said that it wouldn't be possible to open them, since it was at my school.

*End of summary*

Wait... At home, i don't have any more/less access to the internet then i do at school... why can i open ports here, but not at school? (BTW, i haven't been able to open ports at home either yet... (Tried several tutorials.))

Please give me a VERY detailed walkthrough of how i open ports. So that I can try if it REALY doesnt work.

(If i manage to open them here at home, but not at school, i'll finaly give it a rest.)

Open your ports and keep the server online 24 hours or just don't make a server.

Open your port and keep the server online 24 hours? Did you even read the topic?

Here's a small summary:

I made a LAN server for me and my classmates. But i can't get the ports open. Robbster said that it wouldn't be possible to open them, since it was at my school.

*End of summary*

Wait... At home, i don't have any more/less access to the internet then i do at school... why can i open ports here, but not at school? (BTW, i haven't been able to open ports at home either yet... (Tried several tutorials.))

Please give me a VERY detailed walkthrough of how i open ports. So that I can try if it REALY doesnt work.

(If i manage to open them here at home, but not at school, i'll finaly give it a rest.)

Whatever xD

If your classmates are using the same network, you can just open a LAN server without opening ports, I guess. For opening ports I'd need your modem/router brand and model.

If your classmates are using the same network, you can just open a LAN server without opening ports, I guess. For opening ports I'd need your modem/router brand and model.

For my classmates to be able to see, join, and download the content of my LAN server, i have to open ports. (Atleast i was told so. And it seems to be true, cause when i run the LAN server, and i can see it in the server browser, my classmates can't see it.

But again. What if i create a PC-to-PC network? Will that work? Or do i need web-access?

For my classmates to be able to see, join, and download the content of my LAN server, i have to open ports. (Atleast i was told so. And it seems to be true, cause when i run the LAN server, and i can see it in the server browser, my classmates can't see it.

But again. What if i create a PC-to-PC network? Will that work? Or do i need web-access?

I don't know what you mean by "PC-to-PC network".

By the way, are they on the same network as you?

I don't know what you mean by "PC-to-PC network".

By the way, are they on the same network as you?

1. They are on the ame network (school network. Security type: 802.1x)

2. PC-to-PC network means a network between pc's. Using this pc's can communicate and share files, but not use internet (facebook, youtube...)