Learning C++ and C#

Jaysds1

Question

9 answers to this question

Words from an old and good dev:

I actually started learned basic C++ from http://cplusplus.com by following the tutorials only about 2 years before I started working on the MTA team. I started several smaller game projects first where I did mistakes and gradually learn how to lay out code and structurize big projects. But note that I had quite a bit self-learned experience from other programming languages such as Delphi and Basic, which I started coding a little basic stuff when I was 12-13 years old. Learning to code is not about the language you learn as you can adapt what you learn to most languages. It's all about coding experience and structure :). Start in the small, for example LUA- scripting is a great way to start as the results come quickly.

I encourage you to learn coding and begin on a few small projects to learn. It's very fun and it makes you very intelligent. Just don't do as me and skip all the social life, hehe, you certainly want friends and girlfriends aswell, it's a bitch to get into that stuff as an adult when everyone else is experienced. :)

Drop the C# part. There's none of that bullcrap in MTA. :| Start off with C by the way! It's generally backwards compatible with C++, and it has fewer concepts to learn.

OMFG. I know nothing about programming languages, or some idiot just cannot explain anything to me.

I thought "C#" was "C". Goddamnit.

(don't explain me the difference, I just read it at Wikipedia)