race maps don't download

-Gus-

Question

When a heavy map starts (more than 1MB) it starts to download but when the download bar reaches some point over 1MB, it gets stuck and never continues, but MTA doesn't crash because I can still open the console, or go back to the menu, disconnect, etc.

This happens more frequently at the day, at night the downloads go too much slower, but they finish sucessfully. This is very annoying because i can't play any good map during the day.

EDIT: I made this and it appears to be fixed: first i resintalled GTA and MTA, then i joined a server to test and it worked fine, then i changed the resolution (it was in 800x600 because of reinstalling) to 1360x768 (this res appears only in MTA, not in the original GTA SA) and the downloading problems came back, then i put 800x600 again and now it downloads all the maps fine. So, it is a resolution problem? i can't understand what has resolution to do with downloading problems. :?

3 answers to this question

Try the following:

1 - Install this version of MTA: https://nightly.multitheftauto.com/mtasa-1.1.1-rc ... 111119.exe

2 - Goto Settings -> Advanced, and set Browser Speed to 'Very Slow'.

3 - Set Debug Setting to '#6323 Network'. Note - this resets every time MTA is started!

4 - Close as many programs on your PC as possible.

After that, try to connect to the server, waiting as long as possible before giving up. If you are unable to connect, try asking the server admins to stop a couple of maps to reduce the map download size.

Hope this helps.