Default Key for voice-chat [Z]

[FOTL]Aphex

Question

9 answers to this question

Esc > Settings > Binds > Find the voicechat key and change it.

Wow, such a useful reply... I'm sure every AZERTY user will see this post and fix the issue themselves! :roll:

/sarcasm

Just for the record, I have a QWERTY keyboard, it's not me that has he problem... the problem is the fact that the devs almost certainly innocently overlooked the fact that the Z key is already used by a substantial proportion of the userbase as the accelerator button.

A much simpler solution, as opposed to assuming that every AZERTY user will identify and rectify the issue themselves, would be to assign the default voice-chat key to another unused key... [X] perhaps.

Or you could just edit the keybind in the keybinds menu that the developers made just for this sort of thing. Also, define "substantial"...

Or the devs could make it so that a substantial proportion of the userbase don't have conflicting keybinds by default.

Also, definition for substantial?... France, Belgium and parts of Canada (apparently).

Meh... it's actually pretty easy to change a bind... I don't think instructions are needed for that :roll:...

Like I said before, I use a QWERTY keyboard and the only reason I decided to post this is because of seeing numerous players on servers who obviously don't realise that they're constantly broadcasting via voicechat...

and lets be clear, these are players who through no fault or action of their own have two different functions bound to their Z keys. It's not their, or my, problem to fix.

Imo, good point. Most users dont even change their resolution, let alone they know about keybinds. On the other hand, Z is the default key for Voice in general, not just for MTA. I don't know if it's changed for AZERTY users by internal checks, but Call of Duty and iirc Counterstrike used the Z key too. So, unless these games do an internal check, AZERTY users will have this problem on a lot of games with Voice, not just MTA. If these games do use an internal check, I'm sure this is possible for MTA too as it's just "unfinished work" in that case.

Imo, good point. Most users dont even change their resolution, let alone they know about keybinds. On the other hand, Z is the default key for Voice in general, not just for MTA. I don't know if it's changed for AZERTY users by internal checks, but Call of Duty and iirc Counterstrike used the Z key too. So, unless these games do an internal check, AZERTY users will have this problem on a lot of games with Voice, not just MTA. If these games do use an internal check, I'm sure this is possible for MTA too as it's just "unfinished work" in that case.

Well, just thinking about it, I would assume that there is some kind of check, probably during installation, for which keyboard layout is being used... after all, if this DIDN'T happen then AZERTY players would have to manually change their keys binds from WASD to ZQSD (which I don't think happens).

i know. disable mta for azerty phaggots. qwerty ftw

haha :lol: