How will MTA actualize all 1.0 servers?

diegofkda

Question

7 answers to this question

Server owners will find out about the release of MTA SA 1.1 when either they or somebody who plays their server and tells them that the new version is out either from the auto client updater (assuming it will auto update from 1.0.5 to 1.1) or because they read it some where.

Everyone will upgrade their clients and servers and then we will enjoy playing MTA SA 1.1 only fools would not upgrade their server or client, why would you not want to enjoy all the new features that MTA SA 1.1 will bring?

MTA SA 1.1 clients are also capable of viewing and connecting to 1.0.x servers because ccw added a feature which will automatically restart the client using 1.0.x and connect to that server allowing 1.1 clients to access all MTA SA servers regardless of the server version.

I imagine that few servers will remain using 1.0.x and eventually that would reach zero as it must have done when dp3 was succeeded by 1.0 some years ago. To answer your question about upgrading a server, well if they're capable of downloading and installing MTA SA 1.0.x then they're capable of doing it again but this time with 1.1, its not hard.

The only thing that people may have a problem with is the ANSI to UTF-8 it can take quite a while to go through all the scripts changing the encoding to UTF-8. This is something I've already done and have been working with all the new features of MTA SA 1.1 in the nightly versions, adding support for RGB vehicle colors to vehicle system and mod shop for example. That way the day MTA SA 1.1 is released my players can enjoy these new features.