Is this possible?

Codyroz

Question

8 answers to this question

Well, at least custom models aren't meant to affect internal objects, but there may be some bugs. When I replaced models with low IDs (don't know exactly, but around 1000 and less), trees in the countryside were replaced too, but when I used higher IDs, no internal objects were affected.

custom models aren't meant to affect internal objects

who told you that? give me some proof. What is the reason of giving ID of model to REPLACE then?

when I used higher IDs, no internal objects were affected

some objects are not used on original map (they are added after some missions for example) - or you could just have not found original objects with this ID around San Andres :)

who told you that? give me some proof. What is the reason of giving ID of model to REPLACE then?

To make it possible to ADD objects using custom models to the map.

some objects are not used on original map (they are added after some missions for example) - or you could just have not found original objects with this ID around San Andres :)

It's hard to believe that thousands of objects are not used.

I just tried this and the results are, as long as GTA internal object and custom object are far enough from each other, original and custom models can share the same ID.

well, for skate park (which was on LS beach) it wasn't working like that (SF antennas on roofs were replaced with loops and other parts of skatepark.

Are you replacing THOUSANDS of objects at the same time? :o

I'm pretty sure that replacing object replaces it instance in memory which results in all instances of this object (no matter if it comes from MTA or GTA). And actually there will be no possibility to use modified object and original one via scripting.

Let's wait for somebody from MTA Team, but I can bet $5 that it's working like I said.