Map File Problem

Klesh

Can you give me what's inside the .map file? Just one of them is enough.

Or give the link so we can see what's inside.

Btw, if there's only map file, I think I sense that those are the MTA Race .map files. You need to export it to the ones compatible with 1.0 or higher.

If it's an MTA Race map, follow these steps:

1. Download the MTA Race map -> MTA SA 1.0.x batch converter and extract it to a new folder or anywhere you want.

2. Extract the maps to a new seperate folder or your MTA Race maps folder.

3. Open the batch converter

4. There are 2 buttons: MTA Race maps and MTA 1.0 Resources

Click the MTA race maps folder and locate your maps folder as I said on step 2.

Now click the MTA 1.0 Resources button and locate your MTA 1.0.x resources folder (X:\Program Files\MTA San Andreas\Server\Mods\Deathmatch\resources)

5. Finally, click Convert. It will start converting.

6. Finished, and you can use it to play in MTA 1.0.x. Enjoy.

:!:WARNING :!: : If you want to edit the pickups & spawnpoints, don't convert it first. Because you can't move the pickups anymore after you convert it. You should edit that in MTA Race Map editor.

1. Make a folder (don't use spaces, dots, and any special character, geneally, it's better to use just small/capital a-z letters and underscore _) (like: my_map)

2. Put there your *.map file (converted one! in mta:DM format, not mta:RACE)

3. Open Notepad (Start - Run - type "notepad", or press Windows Key + R and type "notepad")

4. Paste this code into notepad:

<meta> 
    <info author="you" version="1" type="map" gamemodes="race" name="Your map brief title" description="Bit longer than name - description" /> 
    <map src="mapfile.map" /> 
</meta> 

5. In Notepad select File->Save as.. In window that appear on the bottom (probably this is hidden in Vista/Win 7, and you have to click some arrows to show it) there is something like "Save as type" - and default is selected "Text files (*.txt)" - change it to "All Files" (this is important!), then go into your folder, and save this as "meta.xml"

6. Of course replace in meta.xml all names and tags with your data (i mean: name, description, author, and your *.map filename).

7. Move your folder into server/mods/deathmatch/resources - this is your new resource.

8. If server is already running type "refreshall" in console. Now simply start your resource ("start my_map" or whatever name you have used)