Two MTA sa clients?

KagerA

Question

Is there a way to launch two (or more) copies of MTAsa clients on single computer and connect them to one server? For tests of course, i saw a topic about "test-bot", but creating such a thing is impossible for me, so, i thought, may be there is a much more easy solution?)

11 answers to this question

lol, and virtual machine isnt time consuming? o_O

You can run MTA in window and have virtual machine window next to it, so no, it is not time consuming.

EDIT: I assume you thought set-up time. I meant the time when using them.

EDIT2: OK, I tested it with VirtualBox. Only supported guest OSs for the new Direct3D support are Windows XP/Vista 32 bit, so I installed my XP SP3 there (legal and free, btw) (host OS is Windows 7 x64). I got it to work, but it's way too slow and resource hungry to render it useful, so atm I would not recommend virtual machine approach.

if you were talking about switching over and over - yes, its time consuming. i thought about one switch, just to have another player connected - this don't need much time.

i knew that virtual machine + gta will be pain for computer.. i used to run few VM, and even simple games was bit laggy..

I got to run multiple gta_sa and mta instances too if killing the \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\Grand theft auto San Andreas handler for gta_sa and similar handler for mta, but of course that doesn't really work, as the game would crash in half way of loading. I tried to edit the gta_sa.exe too, but failed... but it was interesting to do that and learn some new stuff.