Problem with PHP SDK.

Jumba'

Hi, so uhm, I was trying to use the PHP SDK to get some IP geolocation information and sending it back to the server, but I ran into a problem I could not solve.

Whenever I use the "doReturn" function I got errors ingame, upon investigating I realized that tables were being sent, instead of strings. Directly running the php script in the server returned this.

[{"ip":"74.125.45.100","country_code":{"0":"US"},"country_name":{"0":"United States"},"region_name":{"0":"California"},"city":{"0":"Mountain View"},"zippostalcode":{"0":"94043"},"latitude":{"0":"37.4192"},"longitude":{"0":"-122.057"},"timezone":{"0":"-8"},"gmtoffset":{"0":"-8"},"dstoffset":{"0":"-7"}}]

Only the IP is successfully sent to the server, the rest all appear as tables, but when I do "#table" it returns 0, and looping over the tables don't return any results either. I asked someone who knew a bit more of PHP then me and he said that "country_code":{"0":"US"} is a JSON object, but I thought the PHP SDK returns it as a normal string?

Either way, no matter what I do it still fails :/

This is my PHP file btw.

<?php
include ( "mta_sdk.php" );

function locateIp($ip){
$d = file_get_contents("http://www.ipinfodb.com/ip_query.php?ip=$ip&output=xml");

//Use backup server if cannot make a connection
if (!$d){
	$backup = file_get_contents("http://backup.ipinfodb.com/ip_query.php?ip=$ip&output=xml");
	$answer = new SimpleXMLElement($backup);
if (!$backup) return false; // Failed to open connection
}else{
	$answer = new SimpleXMLElement($d);
}

$country_code = $answer->CountryCode;
$country_name = $answer->CountryName;
$region_name = $answer->RegionName;
$city = $answer->City;
$zippostalcode = $answer->ZipPostalCode;
$latitude = $answer->Latitude;
$longitude = $answer->Longitude;
$timezone = $answer->Timezone;
$gmtoffset = $answer->Gmtoffset;
$dstoffset = $answer->Dstoffset;

//Return the data as an array

return array('ip' => $ip, 'country_code' => $country_code, 'country_name' => $country_name, 'region_name' => $region_name, 'city' => $city, 'zippostalcode' => $zippostalcode, 'latitude' => $latitude, 'longitude' => $longitude, 'timezone' => $timezone, 'gmtoffset' => $gmtoffset, 'dstoffset' => $dstoffset);

}

//$input = mta::getInput();
//$ip_data = locateIp($input);

$ip = "74.125.45.100";
$ip_data = locateIp($ip);
mta::doReturn( $ip_data );  

echo "

Country code : " . $ip_data['ip'] . "
";
echo "Country name : " . $ip_data['country_name'] . "
";
echo "Region name : " . $ip_data['region_name'] . "
";
echo "City : " . $ip_data['city'] . "
";
echo "Zip/postal code : " . $ip_data['zippostalcode'] . "
";
echo "Latitude : " . $ip_data['latitude'] . "
";
echo "Longitude : " . $ip_data['longitude'] . "
";
echo "Timezone : " . $ip_data['timezone'] . "
";
echo "GmtOffset : " . $ip_data['gmtoffset'] . "
";
echo "DstOffset : " . $ip_data['dstoffset'] . "
";

?>

The lower part is commented out when I'm using callRemote, so that's not the problem.

And that returns

[{"ip":"74.125.45.100","country_code":{"0":"US"},"country_name":{"0":"United States"},"region_name":{"0":"California"},"city":{"0":"Mountain View"},"zippostalcode":{"0":"94043"},"latitude":{"0":"37.4192"},"longitude":{"0":"-122.057"},"timezone":{"0":"-8"},"gmtoffset":{"0":"-8"},"dstoffset":{"0":"-7"}}]

Country code : 74.125.45.100

Country name : United States

Region name : California

City : Mountain View

Zip/postal code : 94043

Latitude : 37.4192

Longitude : -122.057

Timezone : -8

GmtOffset : -8

DstOffset : -7

So it's something with the SDK, but I can't figure out what.

Hi, so uhm, I was trying to use the PHP SDK to get some IP geolocation information and sending it back to the server, but I ran into a problem I could not solve.

Whenever I use the "doReturn" function I got errors ingame, upon investigating I realized that tables were being sent, instead of strings. Directly running the php script in the server returned this.

Only the IP is successfully sent to the server, the rest all appear as tables, but when I do "#table" it returns 0, and looping over the tables don't return any results either. I asked someone who knew a bit more of PHP then me and he said that "country_code":{"0":"US"} is a JSON object, but I thought the PHP SDK returns it as a normal string?

Either way, no matter what I do it still fails :/

This is my PHP file btw.

<?php
include ( "mta_sdk.php" );

function locateIp($ip){
$d = file_get_contents("http://www.ipinfodb.com/ip_query.php?ip=$ip&output=xml");

//Use backup server if cannot make a connection
if (!$d){
	$backup = file_get_contents("http://backup.ipinfodb.com/ip_query.php?ip=$ip&output=xml");
	$answer = new SimpleXMLElement($backup);
if (!$backup) return false; // Failed to open connection
}else{
	$answer = new SimpleXMLElement($d);
}

$country_code = $answer->CountryCode;
$country_name = $answer->CountryName;
$region_name = $answer->RegionName;
$city = $answer->City;
$zippostalcode = $answer->ZipPostalCode;
$latitude = $answer->Latitude;
$longitude = $answer->Longitude;
$timezone = $answer->Timezone;
$gmtoffset = $answer->Gmtoffset;
$dstoffset = $answer->Dstoffset;

//Return the data as an array

return array('ip' => $ip, 'country_code' => $country_code, 'country_name' => $country_name, 'region_name' => $region_name, 'city' => $city, 'zippostalcode' => $zippostalcode, 'latitude' => $latitude, 'longitude' => $longitude, 'timezone' => $timezone, 'gmtoffset' => $gmtoffset, 'dstoffset' => $dstoffset);

}

//$input = mta::getInput();
//$ip_data = locateIp($input);

$ip = "74.125.45.100";
$ip_data = locateIp($ip);
mta::doReturn( $ip_data );  

echo "

";
";
";
";
";
";
";
";
";
";

?>

The lower part is commented out when I'm using callRemote, so that's not the problem.

And that returns

So it's something with the SDK, but I can't figure out what.

You're sending back $ip_data which is a PHP array (you return it in locateIP function). Doesn't SDK convert PHP arrays to JSON objects and then sends it back? I'm pretty sure it does. Look into doReturn function in mta_sdk.php to be sure.

That's why you get Lua table back, not a string. Why would it be string if you're sending an array?

Edited by Guest

You're sending back $ip_data which is a PHP array (you return it in locateIP function). Doesn't SDK convert PHP arrays to JSON objects and then sends it back? I'm pretty sure it does. Look into doReturn function in mta_sdk.php to be sure.

That's why you get Lua table back, not a string. Why would it be string if you're sending an array?

Edited by Guest
You're sending back $ip_data which is a PHP array (you return it in locateIP function). Doesn't SDK converts PHP arrays to JSON objects and then sends it back? I'm pretty sure it does. Look into doReturn function in mta_sdk.php to be sure.

Oh, sorry, I forgot to change the code, I just ran it with $ip_data to get the thing where it shows the json objects,

when running it to connect with the server I use the $ip_data['ip'], $ip_data['country_name'] etc.

This:

mta::doReturn( $ip_data['ip'], $ip_data['country_name'], $ip_data['country_code'] );

Returns this:

["74.125.45.100",{"0":"United States"},{"0":"US"}]

As you can see, only the ip is returned as a string, not the other stuff, and it's not a problem with the API I'm using since using "echo $ip_date['country_name'] works fine.

You're sending back $ip_data which is a PHP array (you return it in locateIP function). Doesn't SDK converts PHP arrays to JSON objects and then sends it back? I'm pretty sure it does. Look into doReturn function in mta_sdk.php to be sure.

Oh, sorry, I forgot to change the code, I just ran it with $ip_data to get the thing where it shows the json objects,

when running it to connect with the server I use the $ip_data['ip'], $ip_data['country_name'] etc.

This:

mta::doReturn( $ip_data['ip'], $ip_data['country_name'], $ip_data['country_code'] );

Returns this:

["74.125.45.100",{"0":"United States"},{"0":"US"}]

As you can see, only the ip is returned as a string, not the other stuff, and it's not a problem with the API I'm using since using "echo $ip_date['country_name'] works fine.

It's probably SDK's problem then. Or the data you have in the array is another array.

What does "$ip_data['country_name']" and "$ip_data['country_code']" show when you echo it and preview in browser? They seem to be arrays too.

It's probably SDK's problem then. Or the data you have in the array is another array.

What does "$ip_data['country_name']" and "$ip_data['country_code']" show when you echo it and preview in browser? They seem to be arrays too.

Using this

echo "

";
";
";
";
";
";
";
";
";
";

returns this.

I've checked, it doesn't return an array.

I've also tried retrieving the string using $ip_data['country_name']['0'] (and other variants), but it returns null.

Using this

echo "

";
";
";
";
";
";
";
";
";
";

returns this.

I've checked, it doesn't return an array.

I've also tried retrieving the string using $ip_data['country_name']['0'] (and other variants), but it returns null.

• 1 month later...