MTA 0.5 (GTA III)

Nightvision

Question

Dear MTA presidents and coders,

Thank you for great multiplayer like MTA 0.5, because it is just brilliant. But there's something i want to tell you. As many of you know, there is no integrated server browser, so many of players just don't want to play it, because there is only server browser supported by game monitor in web browser... This is not so comfortable. We just want to make it popular and playable, because it is 100% dead, so we want to recode MTA 0.5 to integrate alternative server browser with MTA. But we need a source code of this program. Please, upload a source code for us (fans) so it will create GTA 3 mp scene from the ruins (really). Please agree...

GTA 3 and MTA 0.5 fans (http://www.lck-clan.dl.pl, http://www.gtasite.pl)

12 answers to this question

2/22/09

[12:45] hi, has the team made a decision regarding releasing the source of 0.5 yet?

[13:29] we dont want to release the sources right now, im sorry

[13:31] ok, thanks

[13:32] would you consider releasing them in the future?

[14:01] perhaps some day, its a real messy project

[14:01] alright well, thank you for your time

It'd be nice but I doubt it's going to happen. I've been lobbying for something to happen to 0.5 for 2 years now, even going to the extent of coding a large update to MTA:VC's SCM code.

2/22/09

[12:45] hi, has the team made a decision regarding releasing the source of 0.5 yet?

[13:29] we dont want to release the sources right now, im sorry

[13:31] ok, thanks

[13:32] would you consider releasing them in the future?

[14:01] perhaps some day, its a real messy project

[14:01] alright well, thank you for your time

It'd be nice but I doubt it's going to happen. I've been lobbying for something to happen to 0.5 for 2 years now, even going to the extent of coding a large update to MTA:VC's SCM code.

Ye, i saw your SCM project. I did something similar, but for GTA3:MTA - teams on portland. I can code a new scm with teams on portland/staunton and try to make a new browser. I want to play MTA 0.5, but there are no players : /. If I get a source I can try to do some things what I wanted to add to my own multiplayer for GTA3 (GTA3:Online on youtube).

How about hiring somebody to continue this project and fix/make from the scratch major things (browser!)? I would help with coding it and Towncivilian would code a new scm's (am i right:-) )? I can recode SCM's for portland/staunton in GTA3. It would be the best gift for me from you - MTA Team - to allow us - community, fans - to continue your best project ever. Im sure that the other people would be happy too. There are a lot of players, who wants to play it, but dont know how (cause of browser). There arent many servers, because there is no interest to host it, because new players dont know how to find them. You could "refresh" a MTA window and add a info in a server browser to use a gamemonitor for a while till somebody will not make a built in browser. So what's the problem with hiring a small team to work on it slowly? I can join, maybe Towncivilian.

Hi.

I agree! This is a great idea! :!: I am sure that the MTA 0.5 be able to alive. I know many players who are interested in playing GTA 3 on the network.

Im a big fan of GTA3 for a long time too. I took part in tests GTA3: Online (what was coded by [LCK]Stoku) and the public tests of multiplayer Liberty Unleashed.

mta05v4.png

Sorry for my English. I'm Polish.

Seriously, I've been trying for years on this as well.

MTA TEAM, PLEASE, DON'T LET SUCH A GREAT CLIENT DIE! IF YOU WON'T REVIVE IT, LET US!!! :'(

THE PLAYERS HAVE SPOKEN!

I saw your pettition and I've signed it too.

Me and MaRiO93 are opening a site for GTA3:MTA community in 2 diff languages (PL and ENG) and something more :-). If you want to help us with translation from my bad english to proper language and more then PM me :-).