C l i m b i n g

There's only one server i know out there which has offers climbing mode.. (gamenet.fi)... and it gets 'votemode'd out too quickly to finish most maps

I've decided to try to set up my own server with this mode, but as far as i can tell, the 'packs' or whatever needed (maps and mode details) don't seem to come with the windows dm server on this site.

I have tried looking around a bit but haven't stumbled upon anything related to this mode..

Any genius out there know where I can find these files??

thanks

p.s. map names include airportpart2, structures, sf-cranes

I don't get why people assume that because a server has "it", "it"'s open for free download.

The maps you're looking for were made by hannu, if I remember correctly, and while I really do agree that the climbing mode deserves its own server with no voting, the whole thing is up to hannu...

Of course, you can also make your own mode and maps. From what I can see, the actual code behind the climbing mode should be fairly simple and small, but designing and making the maps themselves is likely to be a bitch. They're large and often complex, and they probably need a lot of testing in the process..

oh right .. didn't know, sorry.

As I have no knowledge of coding, for me that would be the harder side. I made some pretty detailed race maps back in the day, so ......yeah.

Oh well. Maybe someday hannu will make his wares available to us grateful mta-ers

thanks for the info