Game speed is really fast.. even on menu..

Guest Azzy_p

Hey, i've just re-installed GTASA and MTASA onto my alienware cos i decided to format it :).

But, when i start MTA the game is in double speed (or at least a lot faster than usual). When at the MTA Menu the camera is spinning round very fast, and then if i join ANY server it is as if the server has the gamespeed put up.. (but no one else experiences it other than me)

Any ideas what is going on here?

Thanks,

Azz

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have the same problem, but cannot get the optimizer to work. I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ processor and I'm running XP 64 bit. The optimizer installs just fine, but when I go to run the program NOTHING happens. WTF?

I have the same problem, but cannot get the optimizer to work. I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ processor and I'm running XP 64 bit. The optimizer installs just fine, but when I go to run the program NOTHING happens. WTF?

I'm not sure, but since pretty much everything has its own versions for 32 and 64 bits, why not the optimizer? Double check that you got the right version.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope you know that Once Dual Core Optimiser is installed, you dont "Run it" it ads itself to the windows Boot.ini and loads everything it needs into the kernel on boot.

Download Link:

http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content ... _1.1.4.zip

Info:

AMD Dual-Core Optimizer Version 1.1.4 - The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer can help improve some PC gaming video performance by compensating for those applications that bypass the Windows API for timing by directly using the RDTSC (Read Time Stamp Counter) instruction. Applications that rely on RDTSC do not benefit from the logic in the operating system to properly account for the affect of power management mechanisms on the rate at which a processor core's Time Stamp Counter (TSC) is incremented. The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer helps to correct the resulting video performance effects or other incorrect timing effects that these applications may experience on dual-core processor systems, by periodically adjusting the core time-stamp-counters, so that they are synchronized.