Incredible Lag?

Guest DrWookie

Am i supposed to be experiencing incredible lag when i play this game via lan with 1 other person?

I'm talking 5 second lag....and sometimes he just doesn't see what i'm doing at all, i can be shoting at him and on his screen it never occurs and then i get into a car that he doesn't see and the car will appear on his screen then i will drive away 5 seconds after i started driving away.

How can this game support 32 players when its unplayable with 2? (btw, are we supposed to deal no dmg via guns? i shot 100+ ammo and didnt' hurt him at all)

Is there a setting that we are missing or is it really this bad with lan?

well, the guns DO work... barely. try both of you standing still, and then shoot at him (since there's so much lag)

I've never heard of *that* much lag, but there is still a lot of it... got something to do with some timing thing in the netcode. I believe that the lag is being worked on, and has been drastically reduced already... 0.35 should have fixed up netcode :)

k, i assumed that they are working on it it just seems wierd that they make it work with 32 players before making the lag bareable on lan :)

But i tried something i found in another thread, turning the connection down (wewere at th etop, it should help on lan) and it did help a bit...but not a lot....now we are getting a wierd problem where all we see is an arrow