Akina Map / Gametype

DazzaJay

hello, i am planning on having an 24/7 Initial D / Akina server, which ofcourse would require Akina to be on the server as it has Custom models n stuff...

Screenshots and the Download are at this following link: http://www.potholestudios.com/Downloads ... id=50.html

i just havent got any idea where to start, or any knowlage of LUA. which has really got me boned.

if anyone can make a gametype and also make Akina server-side, so it is recived when players join, that would be great.

the reason why i want an Akina gametype, instead of using race, is so it can have the gameplay style of "Initial D Stage 4" (leader-chacer formation, outrun or pass, if not ourun - pass then places swap, goes into round 2, with only 2 racers allowed to race at once, while if others in server spectate, with choose your car + bodyparts and paintjobs... and so on) i can go into greater detail if somone is able to make this gametype / map for me.

Thanks

-Dan.

i guess id better go further in depth with my gametype....

Basically, It would be set up in a similar fashon to "Initial D Stage 4"

on join, you get to select your car, you can also select what mods to do to the car, such as colours, paintjobs, bodykits.

heres where it gets interesting.....

If you are the only person in the server, once you have selected your car, you start the race, with your choice of uphill, downhill or compound stage.

if another player joins, and has selected thier car, the message will appear on everyones screen "New Challenger"

Both of these people will now be able to vote on the game type, uphill, downhill, or compound stage, and the set of rules, which are "Dash or Outrun"

once that vote is complete they will start the race.

now, lets go further into "Stage Type"

Uphill. Start at bottom of Akina, and race to the top.

Downhill. Start at the top of Akina and race to the bottom.

Compound Stage. Start at the bottom, race to the top, turn around at the cone, and race back down.

Now, Rules Sets:

Dash: Both cars start side by side, and it is a race to the finish line.

Outrun: Players vote on if they want to be the Leader or the Chaser, Cars start one behind the other, The leaders job is to get to the finish line 5 seconds infront of the chaser, the chasers job is to overtake, and finish first. If the chaser dosent pass the leader, or the leader dosent finish 5 seconds ahead of the chaser, then the race will go into round 2 with the starting positions reversed, this will continue untill a winner is decided.

Also, There is No respawn, so a blown up car = a loss.

a person who quits the server while in a race is a loss also.

ok, because only 2 players can race at once, other people that join can choose thier cars and spectate til a winner is decided, the looser then gets set to spectate and the next person who joined goes into the next race. and so on.

If anyone can build this complex gametype for me, and ofcourse the other Initial D fans, that would be great, as i will have a 24/7 Akina server running with it.