onPlayerTriggerEventThreshold

RekZ

Hello, I wanted to know if there is any way to see the name of the event that is causing me problems. In older scripts like Slothbot, it's very difficult to know which event is being continuously executed, there are many of them.

function processPlayerTriggerEventThreshold()
    kickPlayer(source, "Event spam")
end
addEventHandler("onPlayerTriggerEventThreshold", root, processPlayerTriggerEventThreshold)
1 hour ago, edith said:

use onPlayerTriggerInvalidEvent

Is this a joke? Haha, you didn't read my post... I'm asking for a way to figure out which trigger is causing me problems, I don't want to control invalid triggers..

• Confused 1
  • Moderators
20 hours ago, RekZ said:

it's very difficult to know which event is being continuously executed

There is not really a non expensive way except for the debughook, which is CPU expensive to use. From my perspective, the more complex you make this threshold mechanism, the faster your server will be downed.

For sensitive events attached to for example a database, you want to have some kind of firewall, for example: 

checkPassiveTimer (utility with clean-up)

• Like 1
6 hours ago, IIYAMA said:

There is not really a non expensive way except for the debughook, which is CPU expensive to use. From my perspective, the more complex you make this threshold mechanism, the faster your server will be downed.

For sensitive events attached to for example a database, you want to have some kind of firewall, for example: 

checkPassiveTimer (utility with clean-up)

Thanks, I will do some test using checkPassiveTimer, It would be nice in the future, the same event that controls the repeated execution of events could also tell you which event is being indiscriminately executed. This could help (in my opinion) make older resources lighter or let you know what event are the modders trying to exploit.

• Like 1