Nebla

Asking for help  

1 member has voted

1. 1. More themed maps?

• Yes, more desert themed maps
    • No, themed maps but not desert style
    • More themed maps whatever concept is

Hello there,

today I'm presenting you my latest Old School map called "Mausoleum of King Deshret" You may remember that I was mentioned about this map in my previous old school map "Sumeru" so this map is actually not a suprise) So, this time, I want to bring you somewhere covered with redsand with very hot weather. smile.png

If you playing this game and already know the lore you may know who is King Deshret. But If you don't know, let me explain you shortly;
King Deshret, also known as Al-Ahmar (meaning "The Red One"), was the Lord of Deserts and one of the three Kings of Sumeru, alongside Dendro Archon. He died over a thousand years before the events of the story.

I've inspired by Mausoleum of King Deshret which is the actual region in the game I hope you like it, Enjoy the video!

The map contains following mechanisms;

Ruin Hunters
Imagine this, you in the big immense desert and noticed some robotic stuff that looks like apache helicopter, in the game they look like Ruin Golems but I designed them as hunter helicopter since they are iconic enemy of vehicles in dm/os)

Tumbleweeds
Meanwhile you playing the map, you may notice some tumbleweeds that goes somewhere randomly as the wind navigating them just like as in desert, they actually not placed randomly and they waiting you to reach them hehe)

Pyramid Puzzle
This time I didn't make a confusing puzzle like as in my previous map Sumeru because I got feedback from players via dm & discord so I couldn't ignore them. at the Hunter part you need to get the arrow markers otherwise the road will be blocked, I made them disappear when you touch them so you can notice if you got them or not. But please wait platform to move before drive because blocks disappear when they move)

Out of area & Shotcuts
This time I gave more effort to covering the map with invisible walls to make sure nobody can get out of the map for camping. Also you may notice messages appear on your screen when you trying to make a shortcut and your path will be blocked automaticially like as in my previous maps Inazuma & Sumeru. (It applies for big shortcuts only)

Desert of Hadramaveth?
You may notice some different atmosphere at 2:30 that actually references to Sumeru's second desert region Desert of Hadramaveth it's just a prototype but I am planing to release it in following months of 2024 if everything goes smoothly. So it will be continue of the map

The map is synchronized with the music, and scripts as in the Inazuma and Sumeru from my previous maps. You will feel the harmony if you can play the map without fail. (missiles will blast, the screen will shake, dendro will caught you, etc.)

Credits:
Video & Edit by VonKasty
Detailed credits can be found in the video's description.

Footnote:
They bring new regions so fast so it makes hard to catch them for me, They already brought new region "Girdle of the Sands" after Desert of Hadremaveth. and new region will be added in 3.6 in the game. So I should follow the queue like as they do. if everything goes smoothly, first "Desert of Hadremaveth" and then "Girdle of the Sands" But I may bring new maps unlike the concept so it doesn't mean I focus on this project only)

Best regards,
Nebla

Edited by Nebla