>[Idea]< Area Chat

Could gta have a Area chat button.

Area chat would be like normal chat but only people around you will get the massage and see the text above the players head.

This way team DM players can chat in peace. (If a spy isn't near :P)

I know that it's only DM and not team DM but look at race mod it's much more then race now isn't it. :wink: I'm sure that people will make team DM even if it's not really in the mod.

Anyway i think this will be a good feature.

It would be some advantage in clanwars for those who cannot interact by using teamspeak, thats a good positive to begin with. You would also have to depend on how large the area zone limits would be.

(If a spy isn't near )

However what would happen lets say if someone stepped into the area, picked up the information, then went back away. There would be some advantage given towards the other players perhaps.

However what would happen lets say if someone stepped into the area, picked up the information, then went back away. There would be some advantage given towards the other players perhaps.

If some 1 did get the info from another team and went away and told his friend then he's a spy. :lol:

Spys are usefull so your team knows the other teams plan and stop them. :wink:

That's the whole point of a spy. :P

I obviously understand the reasons, im just trying to clear up the consequences. I thought there might of been an option to block the players from noticing what they have written, kind of like private chat but only towards those who around that specfic area etc.

Area chat will have it's down sides (i.e. if a spy is near) but in DM you won't have a team, so you can't really have teamspeak.

The main reson i wan thins is cuz in DM there will be alot of people and chating only with the person next to you would make it much more clear.

Lets say you have a car full of people and you want to chat only with them, The Area chat and text above head would make sure the other people in the car see what you are saying. And i'm 100% people will team up and planing what to do will help make it more interesting.

if not area chat them maybe a private chat that you can check who you want to talk to. Maybe in the score board there could be a small icon you can check so when you private chat only the people with a check will hear you.

[edit]

Kinda the same way privatechat works now but have the option to group private chat.