MTA 1.1.x - issues with SA Radio

Guest LadFromWales85

Hey all.

Been playing MTA:SA since the night of release, and has so far been relatively problem free.

Since 1.1 came out, I have had a few issues with the sound of radio in game.

For the first race or so, the radio (or user station) will be a little stuttery or jumpy, then it disappears. When changing the station, the tuning sound is heard, but no station plays.

I am running on an nForce2 motherboard, using the onboard soundstorm audio, with the latest audio drivers. Also running with a 6800GT, also running latest drivers.

Anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks.

I had this problem in single player with my onboard chip. The onboard sound chip supports up to X number of channels. and you wont hear any more sound if the channels are used allready (in your situation the mp3 channel). I've bought a sound card recently wich ofcourse works way better than just an onboard chip.

but I think this problem allso might come with mta itself becouse even I with my new sound card somethimes have missing sound... (in mta)

nVidia Soundstorm on nForce 2 boards isn't just regular onboard audio. It is a hardware accelerated onboard implementation, capable of 64 hardware channels, and 256 software channels. I doubt GTA:SA gets any where near 64 channels.

I was meant to type in my last post...once the music disappears, subsequently running the game results in no music, right from the beginning. rebooting fixes the issue, but it comes back.

The issue doesn't crop up when running SA on its own, or when I downgrade to MTA 1.0, it only happens when running 1.1 or the newer 1.1.1.

It probably is related to the soundcard (afterall, creative lock up EAX 3 upwards so no other makers can use them, so non creative cards only support EAX 1 and 2) but it works with MTA 1.0 and without MTA, so the issue must be fixable, but how.... :(

This is a well known glitch in GTASA not MTA alone.

I've never had the sound bug happen to me, although i have a Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro with EAX4 drivers and it runs perfect :thumbup:

I have the game radio turned off in MTA, its annoying especially when you play maps with lots of vehicle changes. Instead i run Winamp in the background and control it with WA's global hotkeys - so the music never stops baby lol

:toothy7:

Update:

I've found that by switching Winamp's output plugin to WaveOUT instead of the default directsound plugin, it too stutters when playing MTA. When using the directsound plugin, the music plays fine, but the ingame sounds still muck up.

I've noticed that the sound becomes much worse (and usually disappears totally) on deathring maps, or any maps where cars are forced to be clustered together. It also happens during large explosions, or anything graphically busy. in game sounds which play for more than a few seconds, like engine sounds etc, are most noticable too, usually disappearing totally, then coming back later.

When I quit out of the game as the music has stopped, Winamp will still be in play mode, the spectrum will be stuck in one place, and the track title will still be scrolling. Playback will be resumed if I stop then start playback, pausing and unpausing isn't enough.

EDIT: It seems as though stopping and playing the song again on winamp doesnt always fix the problem. Right now, if I start a song, it appears to play for 2 seconds, then freeze, no sound is heard. System sounds also do not play.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem, as it's driving me mad now :(