New; Grand Theft Auto:San Andreas

Guest Twisted [NL]

Hello,

I've troubleshooting with GTA:SA.

Today I've bought GTA:SA cause I wanted to play MTA:SA.

I've installed GTA:SA then MTA.

But the big problem is, I've version 2.0 for GTA:SA

So I don't know what to do. Will there be a version of MTA released wich is compitable with 2.0?

I also tried to install the 1.01 patch, wich is saying that the old file isn't found.

Now I can't play, but does someone says how I can fix this?

I didn't add a mod or something, version 2.0 is standard when I have it installed :?

Thank you,

Twisted

hey,

i don't know much about san andreas and it's updating scheme, but from what i know about vice city's and gtaIII,s updating scheme's. the only file that is updated is the main executable. in this case, it is gta_sa.exe

2.0 may go a little bit futher than this. but i think this should help ya:

http://files.filefront.com/GTA_SA_10_replacement_filesz/;4705316;;/fileinfo.html

replacing the files in your gta sa installation with these should revert your install to 1.0

just in case somethign goes wrong, i recommend backing up your 2.0 versions of these files, that way if it doesn't work, then you can restore your old files and you won't have to reinstall san andreas. but this should work for ya.

yeah, that will work too, since it changes the .exe file just like my solution does.

one thing i failed to mention about the exe in that zip file which i provided a link for, is that it is a cracked exe, it will still work with mta (i have tested it so i know it will). it is just thst it is not a legit exe. it is a anti-dvd exe. which is perfectly legal to use as long as you legally own the game.

those files i put in that zip file are mainly for replacing modded files in case you installed some kind of modification which overwrites them

just about every known modification overwrited the script.img and main.scm files, these files are for in case you were too stupid to back up the originals.

examples of common mods that overwrite these files include, but are not limited to:

-gta rumble

-hot coffee mod

-that mod that makes it so you have fuel in your car and you have to stop at a gas station to refuel

oh, and btw, don't call my advice crap. I know wtf i am talking about. hell, i just got finished expermenting with what i said. i installed 1.1, and added my cracked 1.0 exe, ran mta, and it worked. so i know my shit. there is no difference between my solution and his. except his solution is bit more legit because it requires checking of the exe to continue. so his solution would not work if you are using a no-cd crack. mine would work if you want to go with version 1.0, but still wanna have the feature of not having to put yours gta san andreas dvd in every time you wanna play. my solution should wipe away any minor modifications you have (this involves any modifications that only write to main.scm, script.img, of the main executable, major modifications that write to other files such as gta3.img will require a reinstall as this file is way too big and way too illegal for me to host on the internet (because gta3.img is a compressed arcive that stores all the game's textures and some other things).

either solution will work, if my solution is seen as illegal by the mta team, please tell me so i can remove the file immeditely.

[PP]IPCONFIG

proud member of power-pimps and proud co-developer of GTA: SOL (state of liberty)

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=748

Thanks to IPCONFIG my MTA WORKS!

So people who have the same version as I had.

Take the advice of 'ipconfig' for me it actually works, very good!

Thank you Ipconfig

Greetings,

Twisted :wink: