Very Frequently Asked Questions

Well, since I saw so many people asking the same questions, I thought it'd be useful to have a topic with Very frequently asked questions. So people could read it before they post questions about the development.

Lets start with the most asked questions. This is intended mostly for new users.

Very Frequently Asked Questions about MTA

MTA Blue

Ok, the most questions are about Blue. Let me explain for new users what it is. Blue is a core (some kindda platform) , whereon all versions of MTA from now on will be build.

The first release on the blue core will be for San Andreas.

That release will be a racemod, they decided to make one because they want to show what they can do with the SDK ( for info about the SDK look at the part SDK of my topic ). So I hope this will stop all the people from saying "omg, why no deathmatch? No one cares about racing".

Deathmatch is planned for a later release and whining about it not being implented in the first release wont make it getting out sooner.

What is an SDK?

An SDK is a software development kit, allowing you to create your own modifications for the software the SDK is for. The SDK is being developed for MTA by the team so we can make our own gamemodes for MTA. It will

be in one of the future releases when they got it ready.

The current MTA version and its core

I saw so many people asking to develop 0.5.x further and release it.

Now, they won't do that because the new Blue core is way more organised too work with, and it will bring us way better MTA versions.

They will develop the blue core most likely for VC and ( if a great enough amount of people wants to have support for it ) GTA III.

Those are the most asked questions. If you see something I should add in it please tell me. I hope this clears up a lot for people and will stop many from posting things that have been asked lots of times before

For general 0.5 questions like this http://forum.mtavc.com/viewtopic.php?t=14549 I suggest you go the the Known Issues section for 0.5. It tells you the answer on many problems with 0.5.

You can find the known issues secion at : http://forum.mtavc.com/viewtopic.php?t=11098

If it still hasn't got the answer for you, post your problem in http://forum.mtavc.com/viewforum.php?f=50

So, think twice before you post ( and use the search function :P )

Cheers, xGj.

Nice idea and great to see someone making some efforts towards something positive and potentially usefull. I would suggest having someone English run through the spelling and grammer as I guess it isn't your first language (although you speak/type it a hell of a lot better than i can yours :) ) I'm also sure there are a few more vfaq's that could be added to it.

Alas I also fear that many people simply won't see it or bother to read it before posting thier questions anyway :/ Perhaps a moderator could put it somewhere, or format it somehow, so it is more noticable?

Nice idea and great to see someone making some efforts towards something positive and potentially usefull. I would suggest having someone English run through the spelling and grammer as I guess it isn't your first language (although you speak/type it a hell of a lot better than i can yours :) ) I'm also sure there are a few more vfaq's that could be added to it.

Alas I also fear that many people simply won't see it or bother to read it before posting thier questions anyway :/ Perhaps a moderator could put it somewhere, or format it somehow, so it is more noticable?

Thanks for the nice comment by-stander and all others who replied.

Your right it aint my first language :P

btw: what Vfaqs had you in mind to add? The idea came up in my head with a lot more questions of players but I forgot all of them :P So if you could mention a few it'd be appreciated 8)