Dynamic IP problem

Guest Tobias

ive had this problem for a while now and feel i need to ask for a solution. i havent seen it anywhere else so im confident this hasnt been asked.

i run my mta 0.5 server on my home computer which has a dynamic ip address. i intend to change my package with my isp to one which has a static ip but in the meantime i need the solution to the following problem:

i have a no-ip.com account which i use so that i can do things such as seed torrent files even when i restart my computer and my ip address changes.

my no-ip address is crazy-world.no-ip.org and although people can connect to my mta server using this address instead of my actual ip address it would be better if when someone connected, that in the mta ip field it read as "crazy-world.no-ip.org" instead of my ip address as with my normal ip address in the field, which is dynamic, it prevents people from adding my server to their favourites to connect to at a later time.

there may not be a solution to this problem but hopefully someone has one. thanks for reading! :D

EDIT: basically what i need to know is, if theres any way to get my server to announce itself to the ASE with an address that I specify...if thats possible. thanks.

• 1 month later...

thanks i double posted after a month just to see if anyone could solve it. ive checked the known issues and nothing has helped.

its not so much of a problem now though so i think ill just leave it. cheers.